Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: I am a calling station

Can I still get smacked around if I don't agree with a fold?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:27 PM

Yeah, you're right.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:31 PM

I think I could see him maybe playing QQ (77? How many people are at this table?) this way against a known lag (thinking he rivered two pair). However, he still 3bet a river c/r when a flush (and unlikely straight) card fell. However, you're right in that it's hard to put him on a hand that he really played well that isn't a flush. I guess the EV of capping is pretty slim at best.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, he still 3bet a river c/r when a flush (and unlikely straight) card fell.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually just 3-bet a raise behind him, not a check-raise.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I could see him maybe playing QQ (77? How many people are at this table?) this way against a known lag (thinking he rivered two pair). However, he still 3bet a river c/r when a flush (and unlikely straight) card fell. However, you're right in that it's hard to put him on a hand that he really played well that isn't a flush. I guess the EV of capping is pretty slim at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

um no decent TAG passes up a 3bet on the turn on a board like that, with either set
Old 10-27-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he didn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i don't like his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did in fact have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't understand why people dislike my turn bet with 15 outs after 3-betting the flop. If I check-call the turn, I might as well turn my cards up there or just make myself a little sign that says "on flush draw." My equity deficit is small there (~33% if my overs are good, 20% if they're not) and it will always pay me at least on extra BB on the river if I hit, possibly a lot more.

One small note: the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the river and the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was on the flop.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:07 PM

i like your play, since you had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

also switching the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] makes your play fine with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as well. it's kind of a big note.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he didn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] i don't like his play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did in fact have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't understand why people dislike my turn bet with 15 outs after 3-betting the flop. If I check-call the turn, I might as well turn my cards up there or just make myself a little sign that says "on flush draw." My equity deficit is small there (~33% if my overs are good, 20% if they're not) and it will always pay me at least on extra BB on the river if I hit, possibly a lot more.

One small note: the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was the river and the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] was on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ten [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the flop changes thing quite a bit. Your turn equity was at 26% on your nut outs alone before you even count your overcards as partial outs.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did in fact have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I don't understand why people dislike my turn bet with 15 outs after 3-betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was uncertain about the flop 3-bet before, but just convinced myself that it is for value with all those outs.

Slim, what did you put me on when i check-raised the flop?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced of this, because then the LAG (who held J9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] btw) would have been open-ended on the flop, and i didn't think that was what happened. I could be wrong, though. Sorry this is so unprofessional, y'all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-27-2005, 04:41 PM

I don't understand your reason for not checking the turn. Because they'll figure out you're on a flush draw? Do you expect to win unimproved with AK-high against 2 players that stayed in on the flop for 3 bets? I check-call the turn.