Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: cold calling with KQs

what hand with an ace in it does BB have that is not already crushing us?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally, the only non-pair I would be playing with after it's 3 to me is AKs, and then I would be capping with it. You said raiser-1 was aggro, is he TAGgy or LAGgy? Is raiser 2 aggro? If not, then you should surely fold when he 3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
you surely have some thinking to do about your preflop play. I fold pf against the raise, but wouldn't fold for one more bet unless you offered me 5 BB's to do it.

AQ hearts or spades, JJ/QQ.

I definately don't like raising the flop vs. his range though.

That's fair, but what's a non-scary card, and how good does it make us feel? A diamond or an Ace is trouble, obviously, but even if a blank comes, are we so certain that we're ahead? I'm not so much worried that someone is going to draw out on me on the Turn, I'm worried that I'm already behind. We've seen a raise and a 3-bet from two aggressive players, but we don't know if they're tight or loose. It's not unreasonable to suspect that at least one of them has AK, AA, KK, or TT. I call the flop and the turn, and possibly raise the river, depending on the action.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Normally, the only non-pair I would be playing with after it's 3 to me is AKs, and then I would be capping with it. You said raiser-1 was aggro, is he TAGgy or LAGgy? Is raiser 2 aggro? If not, then you should surely fold when he 3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
after coldcalling the first raise (which i think was bad), folding to the 3-bet would be really bad.

also to all you guys saying raise the flop - why??

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh! I totally missed that he was calling the raise cold, and it was 3-bet behind him. I thought it was 3 to him. Eh, forget my advice...
Old 10-18-2005, 05:03 PM

We have 51% equity vs AQs,AQo,AKs,AK,AA,KK,QQ,JJ. Once an ace fall it drops to around 35%..
Old 10-18-2005, 05:09 PM

you're cool losing multiple bets against AA/KK/AK and folding out hands (or giving them a chance to at least) that have, at most, 3 outs against you?

so your equity drops when an ace falls - it still has to fall. if it's going to hurt you, there are only 3 left in the deck to do it.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:18 PM

Hm The ace hand wont fold and people love their pps so I think we are fine. If a non ace falls on the turn we keep firing. I dont think its called losing multiple bets when we are even money atleast. If the other guy is on a flush draw its even. But sure we could play it as WA/WB instead. It doesnt really matter.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:26 PM

we are even money against his range (that is if it includes AQ anyway). but we're not even money against what he's going to do with his range. he will 3-bet us when he's ahead and he will call down or fold when he's not. since you said it was 50/50, we are losing more when we're behind than we're winning when we're ahead.

it does matter.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:28 PM

I think it matters a lot. Raising is bad.