Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: How to Play a Big Draw?

Ok, no one else has brought this up: Why play this hand in the first place? I fold this preflop.

Calling the flop raise was fine, you have lots of outs.

I see no point in raising the turn. Why do you want anyone to fold here? If you hit your straight or flush, you want people to still be in the hand to pay you off. If you miss all your draws on the river, you've lost.

I suppose I would have played the river the same, I'd have called BB's bet, not expecting the Button to raise, and then folded to the raise.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:28 PM

Grunching...

Preflop: I think caling 87s from MP is a little loose. You didn't give any reads on the table, so I probably would have folded this pre-flop. Yes, they ae suited-connectors, but they're smaller than I would play in MP. LP they are more playable with no RIF.

Flop: Ok we flop a pair of 7's using one from the hole and an OESD. 10 outs 3.70:1 break-even odds. It's two bets to us for a total of 7 SB, that's 3.5:1 pot odds. If we make our draw, I think implied odds are in my favor so the call is ok. I'd like to see if some of the vets here would 3-bet with out frawing options?

Turn: Now we have the flush draw also, 17 outs / 1.71:1 to break even. I don't agree with your raise. It's good to max value, but we are still drawing (I don't think the 7's hold up.)

River: Didn't improve our draw, so why call one bet with the 7's and not 2? I'd either dump right away or call both the raises.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:32 PM

You're better off calling the turn IMO.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:46 PM

2 questions: One, why play this preflop from MP2, presumably without reads (since you didn't give us any)? If you think you can buy the button and maybe steal the blinds, raise, otherwise I dump this shee-it. I want a couple of limpers in front of me to just limp this.

Two: where's the big draw? I see a middle pair, a weak bdfd that's likely to put overcards to your pair on the board, a one-card oesd (by definition not to the nuts), and two to the flush not in your suit on the flop. I don't give you nearly enough outs to be cold-calling two on this flop. Yes, an OESD + FD + TP is frequently a strong hand...in this case I don't think so. Dump it while the pot's small.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:13 AM

I would not raise the turn. The thing about raising here, is that if your opponent decides to 3bet you, it sucks, because you have to call. You end up putting in a bunch of bets with a hand that hasn't been made yet.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:14 AM

i'm hearting a river fold here
Old 10-17-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he has reason to believe he'll get even one cold-call on the turn, he has to raise it. His draw is very strong (13 or 15 outs) against 5 opponents. He'll get a max of 4 other BBs by calling the turn. So it's worth a shot...because at .50/1.00, not everyone is going to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs more than 1 cold caller for this to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I'm thinking...
If everyone calls one bet, that's 4 that aren't his. If one person cold-calls, and the original bettor calls, that's 4 bets. Granted if anyone folds, his pot equity vs. the money he'll have to put in won't be good. But the chance he gets extra callers is worth it IMO.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's how I'm thinking...
If everyone calls one bet, that's 4 that aren't his. If one person cold-calls, and the original bettor calls, that's 4 bets. Granted if anyone folds, his pot equity vs. the money he'll have to put in won't be good. But the chance he gets extra callers is worth it IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but hero had to invest 2 bets so he needs at least 6 that aren't his.