Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: You\'re Joking

[ QUOTE ]
God never allows pain without purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a lot of statements like these. It must be nice to be privy to the thoughts of an "infinite", all-powerful, all-knowing, higher-dimensional being. You really have Him figured out -- He's either revealed everything about Himself to you (and others like you), or your wiser than He is and read him like a cheap paperback, or you're relying solely on writings written by men who were woefully ignorant about the universe and its nature, or you're talking out your ass.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a lot of statements like these. It must be nice to be privy to the thoughts of an "infinite", all-powerful, all-knowing, higher-dimensional being. You really have Him figured out -- He's either revealed everything about Himself to you (and others like you), or your wiser than He is and read him like a cheap paperback, or you're relying solely on writings written by men who were woefully ignorant about the universe and its nature, or you're talking out your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 PM

Further to my opening post.
I have only been reading this forum for a couple of days, and I'm AMAZED by the quantity (and quality?) of the discourse. I really don't think there is anything to add as minds much greater than mine have beaten this topic to a pulp.
I guess all I can say is that if you REALLY think that each daily event that occurs on our planet is predetermined by a god, you are completely dillusional. I understand why you can't accept the fact that there is no reason for your existence, and in fact I envy your BELIEF. Sorry bro, we're all going to die, turn to dust, and 3000 years from now nobody will give a crap if we were the president, a teacher, a serial killer, or whatever. Like the old saying goes, life sucks, and then you die.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:04 PM

Thank you and goodbye...
Old 10-03-2005, 05:12 PM

The truth hurts that much?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned.

[/useless post]
Old 10-03-2005, 06:25 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

http://www.eadon.com/phil/godsofabsurd.php
Old 10-03-2005, 06:43 PM

Part 2

http://www.eadon.com/phil/godsofabsurd2.php
Old 10-03-2005, 07:29 PM

First post and you got a compliment (from OOO, who I like to call the poster formerly known as the Little Prince.) Congrats.

Then a post with simply a re-quote.

Then 2 posts that are only links.

Don’t lose your audience. They (we) are fickle.

Welcome to the forum.

Btw, you won’t pay your dues until you get really flamed. When that happens, brush yourself off and then get back on the horse.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, you won’t pay your dues until you get really flamed

[/ QUOTE ]

When does that end? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]