Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   You're Joking (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349592)

10-03-2005 03:23 PM

You\'re Joking

I'm completely baffled. There are actually human beings out there that have the requisite grey matter to play reasonable poker AND believe in god??? People, get over it. We are here on this big and bad planet we call Earth by weird RANDOM CHANCE. There is no REASON why you met the woman of your dreams or your neighbours kid died of leukemia at the age of two. I REALLY thought that the posters on a poker forum would at least have half a brain.

txag007 10-03-2005 03:26 PM

Re: You\'re Joking

[ QUOTE ]
I'm completely baffled. There are actually human beings out there that have the requisite grey matter to play reasonable poker AND believe in god??? People, get over it. We are here on this big and bad planet we call Earth by weird RANDOM CHANCE. There is no REASON why you met the woman of your dreams or your neighbours kid died of leukemia at the age of two. I REALLY thought that the posters on a poker forum would at least have half a brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

RJT 10-03-2005 03:34 PM

David S’s latest creation: Jasper109.

I sure hope David has read Mary Shelley. Or is Mel Brooks' version more appropriate here?

BradyC 10-03-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice baseless assertions, I can do the same. God exists.

10-03-2005 03:45 PM

I guess GOD must have been REALLY pissed at all of the people in Louisiana. I guess too many of you were laying bad beats on poor unsuspecting poker players.

10-03-2005 03:50 PM

Perhaps the best first post ever. Welcome to the forums. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-03-2005 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the requisite grey matter to play reasonable poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful with your assumptions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-03-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the best first post ever. Welcome to the forums. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sir. I'm honoured.

Jeff V 10-03-2005 03:54 PM

Here's some fuel for the fire.

God never allows pain without purpose.

Maybe it was His way of saying"Wake up!!" He wants us to turn to Him, and I bet quite a few people are doing just that. It seems alot of people need to have nowhere else to turn before they'll say ok God help me out here.

Here comes the flames. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

10-03-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's some fuel for the fire.

God never allows pain without purpose.

Maybe it was His way of saying"Wake up!!" He wants us to turn to Him, and I bet quite a few people are doing just that. It seems alot of people need to have nowhere else to turn before they'll say ok God help me out here.

Here comes the flames. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff,

I hope you were kidding. I REALLY don't understand how it's possible to have an IQ>87.34 and believe in this crap. You really believe in something that was invented by people who thought the earth was the center of the universe? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!