Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Big Slick Suited Scenario

[ QUOTE ]
You cannot fold here.. Reasons have already been stated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-23-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.
1. He has you covered
2. Your read is that he's solid.
3. Even if he has a small PP, you're still in a race.

[/ QUOTE ]

real bad advice...

be happy if he has a small PP, it's a race that you're getting good odds for... So what that he has you covered? That means you get to completely double up. Even solid players will make this play with AQs, AKo, 99+.. a range that you arent in thhhhat bad of shape in, especially considering the potodds (which aren't amazing, but they're alright enough for you to clal here)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am 90% sure it's a race, is it really worth risking when I have an above average stack? In what situations is it not worth it to take a coinflip in a MTT?
Old 09-23-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.
1. He has you covered
2. Your read is that he's solid.
3. Even if he has a small PP, you're still in a race.

[/ QUOTE ]

real bad advice...

be happy if he has a small PP, it's a race that you're getting good odds for... So what that he has you covered? That means you get to completely double up. Even solid players will make this play with AQs, AKo, 99+.. a range that you arent in thhhhat bad of shape in, especially considering the potodds (which aren't amazing, but they're alright enough for you to clal here)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am 90% sure it's a race, is it really worth risking when I have an above average stack? In what situations is it not worth it to take a coinflip in a MTT?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the odds are there for a race? You're going to want to take it almost every time. Late in a tournament w/ the chiplead vs only guuy that can criple you.. is a situation when i won't race.. but that's because i know i can abuse the bubble players and build a stack that way... But in early and middle stages, if the odds are tehre i'll race all day.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the odds are there for a race? You're going to want to take it almost every time. Late in a tournament w/ the chiplead vs only guuy that can criple you.. is a situation when i won't race.. but that's because i know i can abuse the bubble players and build a stack that way... But in early and middle stages, if the odds are tehre i'll race all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

And for this, how good of odds would I need? Would 1.1-1 be enough?
Old 09-23-2005, 03:38 PM

well it depends on the action and what range you put the guy on... if you're in a flip vs his range, then yea i'll take like 1.2-1.5:1 but typically you ahve better than that, beecause it's usually not just an open push, it's after some raising and reraising so you usually are making the decision to race w/ like 2:1 odds.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:51 PM

Having an above average stack (with a whole 25xbb) with 150 to go until the money means less than nothing. Easy call.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:14 PM

I think I'm missing something. You have 25bb's. Double the current average stack, and a majority of the people in here are willing to put their tournament life on the line for hopefully a coinflip? If you built yourself up to 10K in chips from 1500 before the second break, you should be able to find a better spot to pull down your pants and slide on the ice. I'd fold here.

I'm just trying to keep the discussion going. Especially about why you can't wait for a better spot. At least one where you're putting the pressure on the other player, rather than reacting to pressure being put on you by someone viewed as a solid player.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:20 PM

You still need to accumulate chips to get deeper in this tournament, 25BB's isn't exaclty deep, and you're getting decent odds here..
Old 09-23-2005, 04:36 PM

You maybe getting decent odds, and you do need to accumulate chips. If this was against an average stack up to 5 or 6K chips or so, I'd agree and I'd call too. But this isn't a NL cash game where you can just rebuy. You're sitting in decent shape and could find better spots as you find yourself in better position to take out desperate smaller stacks in the next couple of rounds, instead of butting heads against someone that can put you out.

If I were able to pick his hand, I think the only hands in his range that I'd want him to have is Ax. I don't think I'd call this against any pocket pair, I'm on a draw. If he has any pair, at best it's pretty close to 50%/50%. I just don't think I'm that desperate.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You maybe getting decent odds, and you do need to accumulate chips. If this was against an average stack up to 5 or 6K chips or so, I'd agree and I'd call too. But this isn't a NL cash game where you can just rebuy. You're sitting in decent shape and could find better spots as you find yourself in better position to take out desperate smaller stacks in the next couple of rounds, instead of butting heads against someone that can put you out.

If I were able to pick his hand, I think the only hands in his range that I'd want him to have is Ax. I don't think I'd call this against any pocket pair, I'm on a draw. If he has any pair, at best it's pretty close to 50%/50%. I just don't think I'm that desperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I can rebuy. There are new tournaments every 15 minutes. If you always make the move that gives you the best chance of winning the tournament, you'll come out way ahead in the long run compared to the guy who treats busting out as some cataclysmic event that can never be risked.