Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Any news on the forum split??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was just funny is all. The forum does need to be split. But I don't think that LL players can't learn something here. Or that HL players are being deprived of knowledge. The split should occur because the psychology of the opponents is so different between the level. I do fear that in splittin, many of the HL players that have grinded it up through the ranks and moved on will stop looking the the LL HUSH forum, and LL players will lose out on some of the better knowledge to be gained from the forum in general

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, there are a ton of great posters (Entity, DeathDonky, Shillx, etc) who regularly post in the microlimit forum. I assume the same will happen in the low limit hush forum and the low level posters will feel more comfortable posting 6-max hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will still be dispensing my bad advice in the LUSH forum.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 PM

i guess i don't really understand the purpose of adding yet another forum to this place. almost all threads make their limits known. why not just look at those threads that interest you and ignore those that don't? the search function works if you're too exhausted to manually troll through the forum.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess i don't really understand the purpose of adding yet another forum to this place. almost all threads make their limits known. why not just look at those threads that interest you and ignore those that don't? the search function works if you're too exhausted to manually troll through the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

because all of that is too much work. Lots of good threads get buried in like 10 minues because of a sheer volume of posts. Sure it IS possible for someone to scan each thread and use the search function, but its just alot easier to split it into 2 forums. And honestly, if you dont think scanning each thread and using the search function is all that big a deal, I cant see how having to click a link on the left side of your browser is that big a deal either.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:49 PM

i agree with those who think the forum should be split.

but i doubt that either forum will be an improvement over this one in terms of strategy content. i dont see the traffic as a significant problem. the posts/day on this forum is comparable to, and sometimes significantly less than, that of other forums that are (jmo) more successful as far as helping players.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because all of that is too much work. Lots of good threads get buried in like 10 minues because of a sheer volume of posts. Sure it IS possible for someone to scan each thread and use the search function, but its just alot easier to split it into 2 forums. And honestly, if you dont think scanning each thread and using the search function is all that big a deal, I cant see how having to click a link on the left side of your browser is that big a deal either.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. So the purpose of the split is so that the higher stakes players don't have to read the posts from the lower states people, right? If that's the case, then how can one also maintain that the low-stakes posts will receive as much attention?

I can understand why the 10/20 and up people prefer not to read the stuff from everyone else; I might feel the same way eventually. But I can't understand those who advocate the split and simultaneously maintain that the lower stakes people will receive as much attention.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand those who advocate the split and simultaneously maintain that the lower stakes people will receive as much attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

From anyone other than fellow low stakes players.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK. So the purpose of the split is so that the higher stakes players don't have to read the posts from the lower states people, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get why everyone believes this is the reason for the split. The high stakes players already dont have to read the low stakes players posts if they dont want to. Its simply about post volume, its harder to find the posts that you want to read (be it high, or low) because there are just so many posts). You can just as easily say that this is for the low stakes posters so that they dont have to read all the high stakes posters posts.

[ QUOTE ]
But I can't understand those who advocate the split and simultaneously maintain that the lower stakes people will receive as much attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the case, there wouldnt me a micro limit forum, or a SS forum, and those forums are packed with posts.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:17 PM

I dont think where the split is, is that important, I just think it supposed to lessen the traffic, so that there will not be made 100+ threads a day in one forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 05:24 PM

I admit I don't know how well the micro and low-limit forums work, as I spend most of my time here. Are you telling me that the high-limit people spend significant time poring through that forum too? If so, then how did the split save them time? The split only makes sense if it enables people to filter out threads somehow.

In any event, I think it's disingenuous to suggest that this will benefit the lower-limit players.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OK. So the purpose of the split is so that the higher stakes players don't have to read the posts from the lower states people, right? If that's the case, then how can one also maintain that the low-stakes posts will receive as much attention?

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't receive as much attention, but they also won't receive as much negative attention.

One thing people need to realize is that this forum isn't some service specially designed for your personal use to improve YOUR game. It is a collective of people who all want to discuss and improve in their respective games. And I'm sorry but sometimes a 2/4 player's development, though terribly important to that player, needs to take a backseat to a player who has been here for 6 months or more and wants to have some meaningful discussion with the other strong players at his limit without having to dig 5 pages down to find the thread because it hasn't been bumped in 8 hours. If you notice in Mid/High, sometimes threads will go dormant for a week or more before sparking into a great discussion again. That never happens here because good threads get buried too far down.