Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Could I have finally found an interesting hand to post? (UB 50/100)

why didn't you bet the turn?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 PM

Default ***Results and Thoughts***

Looking back on the hand I think turn check sucks because I can't take the free showdown but not as sucky because I probably have opponent drawing really slim if I'm ahead. And since I have tons of outs here, I don't really mind getting checkraised since I can fold river easily without improvement. Why'd I check? No good reason at the time, just playing too timidly at the beginning of my session [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River I'm still undecided about but I'm pretty sure I like the bet as I'm getting called by a worse 8, a smaller pocket pair and ace high but that damn river checkraise threw me off. One of those situations where the action is just too weird to throw my hand away getting 7-1. Maybe I'm more like a 10-1 dog here but it can't be much more.

When river decision seems close like this, I tend to call not just for added info on opponent (matters more on UB since player base is small) because nothing puts me on tilt more than possibly folding decent sized pots for one bet on the river. It is definitely a leak in my game but having my confidence shattered and/or possibly quitting my games for the night is not worth whatever small percentage of a BB I gain from folding here.

Opponent showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the winner on a final board of T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]