Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Who is Fim?

Are you caspis on party, or is just another good LAG?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Who is Fim?

not a good spot for this raise. You have small stack AND small suited connectors which dont get stronger heads up.

If either of thes were different, it might be ok.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Thinking too hard or not hard enough... 5/10

hi here are my thoughts

i like the play in general, if called you are likely to get heads up. with all the dead money in the pot, the play is only a small money loser when called, in the neighborhood of -50$ (depending on what range of hands you want to give the caller)

when everyone folds, you win a large pot, so you need to take it down something like 25% of the time to break even. well, how often will you win the pot right there? i dont know. in my experience, this number can range anywhere between 0 and 100%, depending on the players, game conditions, image, all that fun stuff.

if i were deciding on my play, here are some things i would think about:

* you just lost a big pot. how many times have you seen a player lose the majority of his chips, and then push all-in preflop the very next time?

* how often do you limp on the button after many limpers with AA? i'd guess not often. beware, the BS quotient is very high!

* the BB - with such a small raise, it is hard to see him with a big pair if he is a good player. but everyone makes dumb mistakes from time to time. a raise like this could be a pot juicer from a SC or small PP - even so, could he have something like 88, and after your raise, decide his hand is best and isolate?

* there are a lot of limpers to get by. is one of them going to call you with 88? or are they scared money and willing to accept a 40$ loss rather than risk losing their stack?

* the shortie in position - even it gets folded to the shortie, you say he is bad. so how often can u see him just throwing in his money because he feels like it with Q9o? does he like to "gambooool" ?

* and now for the upside - when called, you get to show your beautiful 76s, and it only costs you maybe at most 50$ to do so. image! imo this will work much better if it is completely random, and you didn't just lose most of your stack - that way we get the reaction:

"wow, what a maniac!"

as opposed to:

"i hope i never tilt like that!"
Old 08-31-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Thinking too hard or not hard enough... 5/10

You bluffed off all your chips on the previous hand, the excellent BB makes a decent sized raise after 5 ppl limps in and he has odds to call anything but an overpair.
I'd say your FE is cloe to 0% here.
But what do I know.