Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 12
3. Sympathy For The Devil :: Rolling Stones 71 63.39%
6. Like A Rolling Stone :: Bob Dylan 41 36.61%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: QQ - bubble hand, shorty allin and a call....

[ QUOTE ]
Noob question...

What if you call and then: 1) push if flop comes unders 2) check/fold to big stack if there are overcards.

By doing this wont you better ensure yourself of a money finish? I doubt the big stack will bluff with someone already all in.

Im sure this is an idiot play cuz none of the smart ppl have sugessted it, plz tell me y.Thanks in advance,Brian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian, no matter what cards hit, ur not folding this hand unfortunately. IMO, you only gain equity by a stop n go is if villain has an underpair (like 55), and has the potential werewithall (sp?) to fold. IMO, this scenario isn't likely, so let's say I have a 5-20% chance this works. Furthermore, I think this increases if villain has a smaller stack, so the likelihood is far closer to 1-9% chance here.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You don't need a stop n go here...your hand is plenty good. Just get it allin 3 way with your monster....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2005, 10:33 PM

Push, and I don't think it's ever close.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brian, no matter what cards hit, ur not folding this hand unfortunately. IMO, you only gain equity by a stop n go is if villain has an underpair (like 55), and has the potential werewithall (sp?) to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The times he has 33 and calls your push right now > the times he has 33 and folds on the flop = the times he has 33, an ace hits, you check/fold to his minbet and feel enormously stupid when UTG's A9 is the best hand and you lose about a thousand Sklansky chips on the deal.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:43 PM

This is interesting because you aren't exactly sure what you want the villain to do. It depends strongly on his and the shorty's hands. If the big stack has AJ, and the shorty has A6, do you want the big stack to fold a 89K flop?

I think this is a math problem, but I think it's clear that you would definitely not want him to fold.

On one hand, you don't want the big stack to suck out on you, but you do want him to beat the shorty if you don't have him (shorty) beat.

This seems like it would be a pretty complex problem factoring in each of their hand ranges, and probably will not make a big difference. Would be interesting if anyone can figure out how to 'solve' it.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is interesting because you aren't exactly sure what you want the villain to do. It depends strongly on his and the shorty's hands. If the big stack has AJ, and the shorty has A6, do you want the big stack to fold a 89K flop?

I think this is a math problem, but I think it's clear that you would definitely not want him to fold.

On one hand, you don't want the big stack to suck out on you, but you do want him to beat the shorty if you don't have him (shorty) beat.

This seems like it would be a pretty complex problem factoring in each of their hand ranges, and probably will not make a big difference. Would be interesting if anyone can figure out how to 'solve' it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definately be calling shorty's allin, so I see this point is moot.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brian, no matter what cards hit, ur not folding this hand unfortunately. IMO, you only gain equity by a stop n go is if villain has an underpair (like 55), and has the potential werewithall (sp?) to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The times he has 33 and calls your push right now > the times he has 33 and folds on the flop = the times he has 33, an ace hits, you check/fold to his minbet and feel enormously stupid when UTG's A9 is the best hand and you lose about a thousand Sklansky chips on the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I said this earlier, all my chips are going in on the flop no matter what. And I'm first to act, so I'm not too worried about a mini-bet.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:07 PM

If all your chips go in on an AKx flop it removes any reason to not push PF. I literally just don't see a single benefit of not pushing now.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If all your chips go in on an AKx flop it removes any reason to not push PF. I literally just don't see a single benefit of not pushing now.

[/ QUOTE ]

He gets to do a sweet stop n go?

Man those are so sweet!!

Yugoslav
Old 08-28-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only see one reason why you make this argument. Because if both villains share a card, like an ace.