Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Looks standard (LC if it is)

i see no reason not to bet the riv.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM

totally f-ing standard. the people who mention folding should be banned. i can see arg. for betting river because VIP100 will call with A or Q high sometimes... maybe even 32o, just to see what you had.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the people who mention folding should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i like this one.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:27 PM

You're read say VERY loose and passive. LPs usually don't bet flushdraws into pfrs, they prefer to check call away. The added bonus of having the pfr directly on the left would give a flushdraw the opportunity to checkraise the field as you will surely bet this board on the flop. By betting he allows you to raise and eliminate the field, which is not beneficial for a flushdraw but may be beneficial to Kx.

The other thing you have to take into consideration is that a flushdraw has plenty of outs against you and if he's got Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he's got 11. He will still be a dog to you but he has quite a bit of pot equity. Combine that with the fact that you have 2 players left to act after you've raised and the possiblity that he's betting into you w/Kx or 5x and you could be in deep trouble. To make matters worse, if one of the other 2 players call your raise, your faced w/very tricky turn and river play.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LPs usually don't bet flushdraws into pfrs, they prefer to check call away.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Usually" is the imperative word here. And from my experience, LP's don't like to bet weak or strong made hands into PFR's, preferring to check call or checkraise at end. Draws are something that all fish love to bet though.

Say you're holding AA on the button on a K55 board with two spades. How many times have you been donkbet here by a LP, you raise, they call. turn comes an offsuit Q. they donkbet, you raise, they call. river comes a 9. they bet, you call. They showdown JT of spades. fish love to donkbet draws, and as this guy's draw improved, he bet it again. there's no way in hell i would ever consider folding the original poster's hand.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:41 PM

Like I said, against standard 5/10er's I play it the same way OP did. Against this one specific player, I think I fold. What good is a read unless you do something about it?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:42 PM

I like his line actually, he can't afford to give free card to a drawing hand and if he indeed is behind, he's drawing so slim free card probably won't help and THUS a free showdown is a lot better.

I always rather take a free showdown with hand that isn't overpair to the board unless i'm 90% certain he has worse [censored].

And as Baronzeus said, he probably won't call with a hand that doesn't have him beat.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're read say VERY loose and passive. LPs usually don't bet flushdraws into pfrs, they prefer to check call away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when has donk betting been a paticularly aggresive act,

looks standard, people love to bet out on paired boards
Old 08-25-2005, 04:55 PM

I kind of like just calling the flop, there is probably a good chance that you can collect some flop overcalls from hands that are drawing dead which would be nice, and if one of the blinds was attempting to checkraise you then you will find out.

However, given the way you played it I feel you must bet the river for value. You will be called by a ton of hands you beat, and you can easily fold to a checkraise.

EDIT: Folding this hand on this flop with this action seems pretty ridiculous to me. The thought of immediately folding the flop didn't even cross my mind.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And as Baronzeus said, he probably won't call with a hand that doesn't have him beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is almost certianly not true, unless this is an extremely rare breed of 100 VPIPer who folds a lot on the river. since having PA HUD with the showdown hands seens, i've been amused very often as to the kinds of hands loose people call you with on the river, esp on paired boards.