Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: 99 from the SB hand

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the fact that you're probably not winning, and regardless of who bets it. I'm not folding for one bet here since we've got the pot juiced up to 10BB now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, just calling 1 more bet in a >10BB pot shouldn't be automatic just because the pot is that large. There really aren't too many hands my opponents (well, just the button) could have here and if he bets, I'd estimate my chances of winning at about 0-2%.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When good players make it 3 bets and I haven't seen them loosen their isolation raises from that position yet, my playing hands really shrink quickly.

When passive boy makes it 4 bets, well then I know it's trouble. So you want to play for a set? Well paying 4 bets (3 and change) we need a 15BB pot to break even, but then again sometimes we make our set and lose, so we actually need a bit more. Nope I'd pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

If either the CO or button were paying any attention at all, they would know that UTG+1 was crazy. However, I dont know if either of them had altered their play because of it. There hadn't been that many situations with the two of them and UTG+1 to be able to tell. I am assuming that the CO has opened his 3betting standards, but I don't know about the button.

I thought I was in pretty good shape to make a lot of bets with a set considering the opponents and my position. The button will probably never lay down TPTK and lay down an overpair even less often. I also think I'd be able to trap him for multiple bets by check-raising either the CO or UTG+1. The CO should be aware of UTG+1's tendencies and therefore raise more of his flop/turn bets and the button will cold-call and I'll check3bet. Then UTG+1 may throw in random raises for no reason making it easier for me to get in more bets.

The only thing that would slow down the other players is the loose-passive button's preflop coldcap.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:39 AM

I fold this preflop and I never fold preflop.

The river play seems ok, but you won't get to call, somebody here has AK.