Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Why do people limp-reraise with AA / KK ?

[ QUOTE ]
3. You give your hand away meaning that everyone at the table will put you precisely on AA / KK and fold a worse hand on the flop / raise a hand that beat yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I occasionally limp rr at 3/6 with aces and kings. And yes its pretty damn obvious that I have aces or Kings but people still continually call down on the river. If I knew that people would fold with a medium-weak hand when I do this move than I'd limp rr with crap occasionally. Limp rr'ing with crap to represent aces or kings at low limits is probably going to be a bad move.

Also limp rr'ing serves to protect you some if you like to limp in with speculative hands. If you always limp in with marginal hands, and always raise with monsters, you won't be hard to read.

If you want to get cute sometime open limp and rr from mp with aces or kings. It seems that generally people don't give credit for a player making such a move in that position. When I see someone doing that I usually expect - from experience - them to have a decent but not powerhouse hand (88,99).
Old 08-13-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Why do people limp-reraise with AA / KK ?

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. I should have pointed out that i someimes just call with aces / kings when i´m in LP and all fold to me or on a very tight table where i fear all will fold. But i see people limpreraising in EP all the time and i consider this to be a really weak move

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually disagree with this, in EP there are times when it can be correct, i do it only rarely, usually when theres an ultra-LAG behind me, but in LP i consider it to be a very weak move, the blinds are going to think your on a steal anyway so you might as well raise with a good hand, they will also catch on to the fact that in LP you open limp with good hands and wont respect you future steal raises