Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Someone bets out, after flop-raise

Raise again. There's no reason to believe you're behind. If he 3-bets the turn, call it down. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to yield control of the hand. Check / call the river if another club falls.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i never see donkbetting without a hand , after someone raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it sounds as if you haven't played enough hands ...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:25 AM

raise it and go from there. my first thought is that he has a dominated jack.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:44 AM

You really need to raise this pot. The pot's getting pretty big and you want to force the two callers to either fold or pay for their draws.

It's really important to understand that you don't have to be ahead even half the time to be making a profit with this many people in the pot (and I think you're ahead about half the time).
Old 08-10-2005, 10:15 AM

A read on MP is important as well, what did he coldcall with on the flop?
There is no hand MP can have that you can/need protect against. He won't fold a better hand like AJ, QQ-AA and he probably doesn't have any of those either.
For MP, A flush draw, a slowplayed set is more likely or a lower pocket if he's loose.

About UTG. Loose players often stop and go if the turn helps them, ie they hit a set or two pair.
If you raise and someone 3-bets you are probably way behind and can fold. The same if you call and MP raises.
I say raise and fold if 3-bet, bet the river if it's red.
If you call you will call one river bet too and spend 2 BB = you loose the same if you are behind.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:17 AM

Id raise it up believing he is still on a flush draw.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 AM

1. Raise pre-flop.

2. Raise the flop.

3. Raise the turn. You need to pressure the cold-callers. You may not be able to defend against a flush if it comes, but you are vulnerable to two overcards. Even if the donk-betting player has made two pair, you have as many as 8 outs to beat him. You will be continuing with this pot, and since you plan to do so you need to make whatever effort you can to win it. With the 4 BB going into the pot on the flop this has become a pot worth fighting for.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Raise pre-flop.

2. Raise the flop.

3. Raise the turn. You need to pressure the cold-callers. You may not be able to defend against a flush if it comes, but you are vulnerable to two overcards. Even if the donk-betting player has made two pair, you have as many as 8 outs to beat him. You will be continuing with this pot, and since you plan to do so you need to make whatever effort you can to win it. With the 4 BB going into the pot on the flop this has become a pot worth fighting for.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did raise the flop and only one coldcalled, the rest folded so it's 3 way on the turn.
I don't think he should call a 3-bet here unless UTG is a maniac. What two pair will hero beat if he hits on the river? I don't think UTG limps UTG with 23, 28 or 38. If UTG has two pair I would put him on J8, nothing else.

Hmm, I see UTG has 90 % seen flop. No holding can be ruled out and if he plays as poorly postflop this has to go to showdown if MP folds and UTG 3-bets.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:05 AM

If if i thought I was behind 60% of the time here - I'd raise for the simple fact of getting MP out, and taking a possible free showdown if I felt so inclined.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]