Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Pump the flop or wait...

Of course. KK was my primary read. Like I stated above, that turn worried me. If he decided to cap with QQ, or AQs I'm in trouble.

Didn't dig the river either. In retrospect, I probably should've checked-called since that card completes a QJ two pair, a straight, a set if my opponent was pumping with Jacks.

Yeah, the river bet is pretty boneheaded.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why protect your hand? Why not make weak aces pay for calling down with only 4 outs? Why not make mid pockets pay for being donks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you raise, those hands are correct to call. Ax is probably calling down anyway at 2/4.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With my opponent's bet on the turn, there was 16BB in the pot. With my raise, the pot is 18BB, an opponent with a clean gutshot is now making a marginal call, and he might be inclined to fold since the board is suited; opponents with 2 and 3 outs are now making a clear mistake if they do call. Raising the flop and betting out the turn accomplishes very little besides letting your opponents draw to longshots for the right price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you're putting to much thought into this hand. What do you estimate your equity is on the flop? Turn? I just think you missing out on some bets on the flop especially at 2-4. I would lead out on this flop hoping I'd get a chance to 3 bet. You could have also got for a flop Bet-call and turn check-raise if you're so worried although I wouldn't advise that with such a big pot. If I had KK, QQ, JJ...(pp) on the button I may have checked the flop and drawn to a set for free. Talk about getting a good price to draw! And again, you have the Kc which make me a little less worried about that draw. Lastly, how much would it have sucked if the button checked through on the turn? That's the real reason why I would have taken this hand by the horns on the flop.