Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Review: Hand 31, J5s

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop raise, given that MP2 is last to act and his raise is consistent with a semi-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it, even if the opponent is semi-bluffing or cold-bluffing here. If he is semi-bluffing, he definitely won't fold on the flop to Hero's CR, and a cold-bluffer might not either. If the opponent sees the turn, they will probably be pot-stuck to the end, even if they were semi-bluffing. First-in vigorish will scrape these fleas off better than a flop CR will.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:28 AM

Aaron - you're just playing Devil's Advocate for the hell of it right?
C'mon - this hand was played horribly.

Maybe I'm weak/tight. Everyone seems like a maniac to me tonight.

Edit: OK, there's only 3 to the flop and there's a chance villian could be stealing with a positional bet. Still, meh...
I guess I would be lying if I said I never did this. It's tough to evaluate without any reads.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:52 AM

oh wow, im an idiot, this is precisely the reason that i don't post and just lurk, don't listen to me ever again...
Old 07-24-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I complete preflop and fold the flop without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. I believe in SSHE it says to complete with any 2 suited, if you're on the SB. Obviously if there is a raise, you'd fold or if the SB was 1/3 the BB i'd consider folding.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Amen. I believe in SSHE it says to complete with any 2 suited, if you're on the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if someone open limps from the button, you're completing with 82s?

If your answer is no, and it should be, then clearly there are other factors to consider apart from "me have sooted cards, me in SB, me complete".

I don't think your 1/2 SB investment is going to pay off enough times here with this hand and this pot size. You are also setting yourself up for a series of difficult postflop decisions, such as the ones encountered in this hand, even more true because of our positional disadvantage and potential for reverse implied odds.

These decisions become much easier when there's a pot worth playing for; with only 2 other people, this just isn't going to happen. So I'd say dump it unless you enjoy tough decisions with a very marginal hand in a very small pot.