Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: 1st post - AKs @ lose table with a very draw friendly flop

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to call a flop bet, then just bet it yourself. That being said, I think I would have folded the flop after it came back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in this case. Hero's position sucks. Calling the flop bet was fine as he was closing the action and the odds were good. On the turn this is a muck.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:24 PM

Question: If he calls a flop bet and hits a non-club A or K on the turn, does he bet out?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: If he calls a flop bet and hits a non-club A or K on the turn, does he bet out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. He definately wants to get his money in the pot, but is a c/r better here?

I'm not sure what to do either, a read would be invaluable here. For a standard line I think I like betting out, and calling down if raised.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:02 PM

I agree that without reads this is difficult. Assuming that we are playing typical (bad) opponents I don't think that I want to checkraise here. Assuming that UTG+1 bets (the only place to expect a bet from) we would be trapping the field for two bets to build the pot. I think we protect what is a fairly vulnerable hand here better by betting out and hoping that UTG+1 raises to cut the field down and protect our hand.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet out, hoping for UTG+1 to raise, its our only realistic shot of protecting our hand
Old 07-20-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet out, hoping for UTG+1 to raise, its our only realistic shot of protecting our hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the usual "because it's microlimits" answer, why would UTG+1 raise with less than top pair? Do you think he would think we're bluffing? How is our hand being protected if it's still second best?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the usual "because it's microlimits" answer, why would UTG+1 raise with less than top pair? Do you think he would think we're bluffing? How is our hand being protected if it's still second best?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was refering to protection against FD's, though we still offer correct odds, most players don't think in terms of that, and hopefully through making it 2 bets to them, they fold.

I don't know what UTG+1 raising standards are, no reads were provided, but whatever he's holding, as long as he raises and knocks some people out, we gain from it.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 AM

I would of raised the flop

Depending on the reaction from the players is how you play the turn. If there is a re raise fold don't forget it is only 1 extra small bet.

You scream overpair with no help on the flop. That turn didn't help you so even If I have a low pair or something I would of bet the turn to get rid of you. As I am 90% sure you have nothing.

Raising preflop and then calling flop means crap I missed, at least to me. ALternatively you could raise the turn indicating that you had a strong hand and you have now suckered them into calling an extra BB.

This is a tough one though.

Remember Noob so I would like help on my ideas as well

Cheers