Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   1st post - AKs @ lose table with a very draw friendly flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296706)

07-20-2005 10:20 AM

1st post - AKs @ lose table with a very draw friendly flop

New member - not sure I'm doing the right thing with the hand converter so this is also a bit of a test.

I have a lot to learn. Anyway, this was a very good table and all players I was up against in this pot were pretty lose. I tend to be pretty weak but figured myself as beaten here. Please critique my play.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero ???

tiltaholic 07-20-2005 10:27 AM

Re: 1st post - AKs @ lose table with a very draw friendly flop

i'd fold here.

if there was one heart on the board i'd probably lead the flop.

07-20-2005 10:30 AM

First, welcome to the boards fellow newcomer!

Second, I agree with tiltaholic. No use in thowing away money here

07-20-2005 10:41 AM

Wow, I like these quick responses. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
if there was one heart on the board i'd probably lead the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd lead the flop with a single heart?

I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference. Why is that +EV?

And, because I missed my flush draw entirely should I have folded the flop?

AmarilloJim1 07-20-2005 11:00 AM

I'd fold turn as well.

hemstock 07-20-2005 11:00 AM

I would bet the flop. You have overcards and a backdoor straight draw (not woth much though). Call a reraise and then given the turn card, check/fold the turn.

car ramrod 07-20-2005 11:09 AM

If you are going to call a flop bet, then just bet it yourself. That being said, I think I would have folded the flop after it came back to me.

WSOP Bound 07-20-2005 12:14 PM

Why would you fold the flop? You are getting 15.5 : 1 pot odds here. And with 4 outs to TPTK (for the sake of argument I am taking away the club outs) and .5 out for the BD inside straight draw you need to call here. I could only fold if convinced that I had less than 3 outs. The only two hands that I fear UTG+1 having are TT, AA and possibly KK. But even if I know he had KK I still have implied odds to call here and try to spike one of the three remaining aces.

Opp raised PF and the called our 3-bet, but comes out firing on the flop. Without a read it's tough to put him on a range, but that feels like TT-QQ and for a loose player maybe something like JTs. The only reasonable hand that puts us way behind is TT. I don't think we are ahead and doubt that we have enough pot-equity to raise here, but the thought of folding this for one SB makes me want to puke.

Am I missing something?

tiltaholic 07-20-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd lead the flop with a single heart?

I wouldn't have thought that would make much difference. Why is that +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be one more thing going for you...

In this particular case, I am not sure I would lead the flop if I had a 3-flush. It would be borderline either way, mainly depending on my read on the other pf aggressor.

I'd usually bet AK unimproved into 3 weak/bad opponents. But usually I have little reason to suspect anyone has a hand. Here, one one them likely does.

nomadtla 07-20-2005 12:34 PM

*grunch*
I would have led this flop and that'd be the last I put into it. You still lose just one bet. But I think you can easily let this one go for anything more than one bet on the flop or the bet on the turn.