Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Looking for a different line on a flopped Full House

There's actually a decent range of calling hands here, any two broadways or clubs in addition to an A, a Q, and maybe a pp of some sort. They'll pay one bet to see the turn, so let them. Otherwise, very few people who would fold this flop will catch something they will like to put many more bets in with on the turn.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Looking for a different line on a flopped Full House

Thanks for the responses everyone. Not that anyone at the table was paying attention or had played with me enough, but I feel that if I had AJ in this hand then i would definitely bet because of the draws, so I needed to bet here in this instance as well so i would be checking and betting with both hands in a similar manner.

However negligible they might be, i may have been able to extract one more small bet and maybe less than that since neither of the blinds would have likely completed the flop bet from the all-in had i checked.

Whatever, this was pretty trivial, i suppose, but I wanted to mainly get a feel for how often we should be checking a flopped boat with a kicker as strong as a queen to let someone catch up.