Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Play along, QTs

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely just call. You may have pulled ahead of UTG+2's KT/AT/T8, but you only improved over a couple of SB's possible hands. Getting 3-bet sucks here, show it down.

-d
Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM

Two overs, two backdoors....any like else like betting this flop? If you can knock out a higher flush draw, a better queen, or a better T, your maximizing your chances to win here in a decent size pot.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll check/fold the river unimproved...snip...and check/raise if an offsuit T falls, giving us a better trips than he's holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be right.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
It may not be, and I don't think we'd be eating ramen for dinner if we went for a call instead of a raise if we made trips.

With that Q falling, check/call like was stated, but expect to lose this one most of the time.

Edit : I didn't know what you meant until dmbfan just told me in IM. Villain fills up when the other T falls. Wow, that takes a certain level of idiocy to miss. I'm following you now though. Wow.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:45 PM

Auto raised?

Easy fold IMO

Maybe this is weak, but I think we're drawing dead to the SB too often.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:49 PM

Call, I still think you're going to lose this hand often to a set or straight.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two overs, two backdoors....any like else like betting this flop? If you can knock out a higher flush draw, a better queen, or a better T, your maximizing your chances to win here in a decent size pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it... also knowing what happened on the Turn, if the SB check/raises the flop it's easier to put him on a hand. The waters muddy a bit with the 3-bet on the turn.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:53 PM

after some IM discussion and reflection, I dig the turn raise, but the 3 bet is enough for me to fold without a read. given our call on the turn, I think just calling the river is prudent, even if it were a black T - a lot of the two pair combos here are improved by a T, as are sets. Q's are better for us almost because at least then his two pair couldn't have improved at the same time we did, but even a river Q makes this just a call, cause a set and a straight is still likely enough that I don't think we can be going nuts
Old 07-08-2005, 02:54 PM

If I think anyone is folding 2 over cards here, then yes I like a bet. The players seem somewhat passive, so a check-raise is less likely, and might have a shot at seeing the river for 1 sb.

Althought generally I would check here also, I don't think the BB is folding 2 overcards here that often.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after some IM discussion and reflection, I dig the turn raise, but the 3 bet is enough for me to fold without a read. given our call on the turn, I think just calling the river is prudent, even if it were a black T - a lot of the two pair combos here are improved by a T, as are sets. Q's are better for us almost because at least then his two pair couldn't have improved at the same time we did, but even a river Q makes this just a call, cause a set and a straight is still likely enough that I don't think we can be going nuts

[/ QUOTE ]Like a dog with a collar, the IM discussion has convinced me a fold is a good play here. I can't believe I missed the tainted T outs, man alive.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 PM

raise it