Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: 3 bet by a TAG preflop - what\'s your plan?

I'm a TAG and i 3 bet 10's and J's, in this case you have odds to see the turn. 8.5 small bets if he bets (and he will) you only need 7 to 1 to call with over cards. If he is the type that would only 3 bet AA- JJ and AKs AKo then a fold might be better ev.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 PM

The think the question would be more interesting if the TAG was 3-betting because he felt you were raising light from MP2.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 PM

he's aggressive. If you check, he'll bet, and you won't know where you are. If you call and the turn brings a Q, does he have a higher over pair? You can bet, he'll raise, you still might not know where you stand. If an Ace hits the turn, does he have AA? AK? you might bet, he can raise with nothing. I like check folding for those reasons.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:08 AM

(In the instance that he will 3-bet this lighter than AA-QQ and AKs/ AK) You will be ahead a good bit of the time an ace or queen falls on the turn, but you wont know if you are good until your show it down. Uncertainty is not a reason to avoid playing the hand if this is true. This of course requires accurate history on the player. Otherwise, this goes in the muck as stated by the original poster.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The think the question would be more interesting if the TAG was 3-betting because he felt you were raising light from MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, your image at the table can effect the decision greatly...If he sees you as a TAG, dump it. If you've been raising alot pre flop recently, I'd peel one off.