Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: KK on the bubble with a shortstack all-in

Lately I've been pushing monsters on the bubble when I should probably have been minraising. Minraise either looks suspicious or looks weak. I think all-in-all you are more likely to be called or reraised when you minraise.

In this hand, SB has 95 and is allin and you are almost certainly 80% to beat him and get ITM not matter what happens between you and big stack.

There is absolutely no reason to play this one fast, unless you really expect big stack to interpret fast play as a weak hand. I think minbet the flop. If he has a great draw or a 9, he might push over and with his stack, he could call with just about anything.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:20 AM

FWIW I was hoping for something similar to microbet's response, but it seems as though most don't agree. The fact that I have to lose to BB and have SB win to be out in fourth makes me think the slowplay is better. In the actual hand, I pushed and BB folded.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:23 AM

There's t900 in the flop at the pot. You've only got t900 left! Anything that's not all-in looks fishy, and at this point, you really don't care if you get paid because of the money already in there. Checking this and seeing an ace on the turn, for example, would really suck. Just push the damn flop.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:25 AM

I'm convinced that the minraise is the right play preflop. I'm still not sure about the flop move.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:35 AM

I think you could of limped preflop too. This might have induced a push from someone else.
The limp would not look strong either. That is something I do often when someone is posting an all in blind. It protects my 3rd place money. I think many people do this. So a guy might make a move here if he's stupid. Or you take a flop and bet the pot.