Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Re: who would you bankroll?

Well, I'm not a big fan of bankrolling anyone...if someone needs to be bankrolled, their not as good as advertised in my opinion....so I would invest in myself.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:06 PM

glad to see I'm on the list. bring lots of dough when you come down here as I have plans for it. you can make the delivery at lucky chance's restaurant. I'll even pay for the soup.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:30 PM

I would say Dynasty and Tommy, because they always seem to have a good understanding of every situation, and have a well thought out response for most of them. I like a lot Clarks posts, as well as Mike L, although some of the hands he plays up front I dont throw the one chip in from the small blind. Ray and Brier are the best of the well known pros that post here in my opinion, because of their knowledge and the respect they show to everyone here.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:35 PM

wait a minute wait a minute.......so your name is GAY FOCKER...??

HA HA HA HA HA
Old 01-24-2003, 06:08 PM

Default A different view on it all...

Anyone who didn't actually -need- me to stake them to play in a game.

Unless, of course, Josh W runs bad for 5 months again.

~D

Old 01-24-2003, 11:29 PM

"any other well renown professional"

that rules out quite a few. for instance i would bankroll snakehead in a second. but i dont think he's very interested in playing 15-30.

a couple times i have been playing 15 or 20 with someone who ive recognized as being particularly solid and ive offered to stop playing, cash out, give them my money and then they play halves in a great 40 game across the room. i told them i wouldnt even sweat them, id just go play 6-12 or something. no one has ever taken me up on it.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:52 PM

My first choice would be Dynasty, I see logic in his reponses. Second would be either Tommy, or Mike I. Maybe a better question rather then "who would you bankroll" would be who's head could you be inside for a session. I'd love to hear some of the usuall 2+2 posters thoughts as a hand develops. To hear, "I think this guy on my rights a maniac I'm going to check raise this hand to get it heads up with him even though i only have second pair."
Old 01-25-2003, 05:28 PM

Obviously, yours was not meant to be an exhaustive list but some real notable omissions:

Rick Nebiolo (my choice for best 2+2 poster ever based on sound poker logic, longevity, class)...I don't quite understand how you could forget this guy on your list

Jim Brier

Vince Lepore

Coilean (where's he been lately?)

JV

GD

Chris Alger

backdoor

Having chastised you for forgeting about Rick, I am sure that my add-ons have also missed a worthy name or two....so, you are excused:-)

Old 01-25-2003, 05:38 PM

"HA HA HA HA HA"

you think that's funny, i heard there's some gal in vegas who runs around calling herself "cissy bottoms"!

Old 01-25-2003, 08:24 PM

i just picked a bunch of names that came to mind and ones that posted recently. i didnt try to be conclusive. as for picking rick, he has been surpassed by hero. as hero is always making great plays and poor rick has to come to the forum, and have us show him how she played it right while he watched all befuddled.. not until he gets his 800 dollar chair in the mail can he return to the forefront.