Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: I can\'t think of a line this hand that I\'m happy with

[ QUOTE ]
Buy-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late to edit. It was a 22.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:26 AM

I probably play it the same at the 22s. I am definitely still pushing back at the SB and the button but I am less willing to play my entire stack back at somebody in generalat the 33s than I was at the 22s. I still do it but not as frequently.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:35 AM

What range do you put villain on?

This comes from the fact that I play at the 1,500 chip games (and maybe at the smaller chip levels it's not advisable) but I call and see a flop. Yeah you're out of position but if you pop an Ace- or Queen-high flop you have the best hand most of the time and villain doesn't want to tangle with you since you can break him. If you miss the flop or villain gets uppity and it doesn't feel right, you still have 12BB and twice as many chips as 4th place shorty to escape with.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What range do you put villain on?

This comes from the fact that I play at the 1,500 chip games (and maybe at the smaller chip levels it's not advisable) but I call and see a flop. Yeah you're out of position but if you pop an Ace- or Queen-high flop you have the best hand most of the time and villain doesn't want to tangle with you since you can break him. If you miss the flop or villain gets uppity and it doesn't feel right, you still have 12BB and twice as many chips as 4th place shorty to escape with.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm, calling isnt BAD. this hand is actually quite tricky. i made an error saying i would shove 85% earlier. maybe its 77%. in any case, this hand isnt easy to do. its a 22, so i have no idea what kinda range hes raising. i mean, in mtts im juicing 56o from that spot a lot of times.. so i duno the thought process in a 22. also, its an 800 chip game and you are more than doubled up. thats another thing to think about. these lower stakes games are hard!!!! holla
Old 06-22-2005, 11:16 AM

Its your basic stop-and-go setup. Instead of merely pushing preflop and getting called by 88-AA (as suggested earlier), you call the pre-flop bet with the intentions of pushing on the flop regaurdless. If your opponent missed the flop you now have some fold equity to go along with your overcards. Barring a read, this is probably my play most of the time.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its your basic stop-and-go setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a far from basic stop and go.. holla
Old 06-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Personally, I would save the stop-n-goes for spots where I am getting somewhat shortstacked. That seems like a pretty high risk and unnecessary play at this point.

You know, it's entirely possible that UTG actually has a good hand. (I know we never want to give our opponents credit, but sometimes they get good hands too.) I really don't like a stop-n-go here. Basically, you're willing to blindly risk getting into 4th chip position? I think a stop-n-go is a little FPS here. So, if he's raising with a mid pair but doesn't want to push, how's that stop-n-go going to work if he flops an overpair?

Folding or pushing is better IMO, but I'd be interested in hearing the reasons for the stop-n-go.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM

I like the stop-n-go for fold equity here, as in other spots. Personally Im not a huge fan of the AQ, but playing only to flop and A or Q seems like you are missing a few spots to pick up the pot. maybe not a full stop-n-go, maybe just bet any face or something like that. i dunno it could be because i read the game theory and bluffing from TOP on the jon yesterday. but who knows, im bad.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:35 PM

I'm a donk so I push.