Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Going to Tunica. Where to stay and play?

Well, availability of the cheap rate left me at Sam's Town Friday and Saturday nights. The 2/4 game will work out well because my girlfriend has finally gotten up the guts to play live, and it'll be good for her to start out at such a low limit.

I'll be at the Gold Strike Sunday to Sunday.

The Horseshoe is out of rooms at the poker rate this weekend and next, but they said I could just book the room normally and then get the poker room supervisor to change the rate, but I didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck with a $239 bill for Saturday.

Anyway, thanks for the info, guys.

Edit: You can only get 3 consecutive nights at the poker rate at the Strike. I had to get 3 nights in the middle on my girlfriends card. FYI.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, availability of the cheap rate left me at Sam's Town Friday and Saturday nights. The 2/4 game will work out well because my girlfriend has finally gotten up the guts to play live, and it'll be good for her to start out at such a low limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear they do spread some higher games on the weekend, up to 10/20. I'll be interested to hear how the games are down there, I've never tried it out. Actually, I haven't been down to that part of Tunica in a long time, probably 1999-ish when I was playing BJ.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: You can only get 3 consecutive nights at the poker rate at the Strike. I had to get 3 nights in the middle on my girlfriends card. FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like a dumb rule, especially during the week when they don't sell out.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Horseshoe is out of rooms at the poker rate this weekend and next, but they said I could just book the room normally and then get the poker room supervisor to change the rate, but I didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck with a $239 bill for Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good plan. I tried changing my rate at the Gold Strike the first time I went to Tunica but when I got down there there were still no poker room rates available. I ended up spending like $170 for 1 night. Since the Horseshoe fills up more quickly than the Gold Strike I'd be amazed if they were able to get you their poker room rate.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:14 PM

Anytime you book a room at Horseshoe, even if it's not through the poker room, come see me and I'll change it to the poker rate for you if your playing poker. It's still best to book a room well in advance by calling Laura or Carol at (800) 303-7463 X-5760.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:58 PM

What is the pokerroom rate?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the pokerroom rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

At GS, it's $25 a night. I think about the same wherever you go in Tunica.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:53 AM

$25 durring the week, $35 on the weekend.