Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Why is PokerStars only giving the love to brand new players?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice meeting you at Diamond Lil's the other week.

[/ QUOTE ]

When were you kids there? I have been playing their Sunday morning tourney semi-regularly for the past couple of months.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:16 PM

I think you are over-reacting a bit to this.

They are encouraging the new players to play more.
I don't see how this is THAT much different than the party and empire 'new player $5k freerolls' that they offer.

Actually...I don't see how it's much different than any site that offers an initial-deposit bonus (which Stars does not do).

They are offering incentives for their new sign-ups not at all unlike the other sites.

On the other sites like party you could just as easily say, "Why do all the NEW players get a $100 bonus and a $5k free-roll....I've been playing there for 2 years and I feel jipped."

Also - they are not kidding when they talk about all the other promotions that the regular players get.
They offer fairly frequent re-loads (once every 2 months or so) and also all those FPP tourneys (or you can just use them in their FPP store if you like).

Their WSOP package includes FREE hotel stay which is a decent overlay-of-sorts (as opposed to Party where the cost of the hotel comes out of the all the buy-in's....plus, they charge more on the entry-fees anyway).

They are just offering a handful of seats for their brand-new players...and all of these thousands of play-money players are hopefully coming out of the wood-work and will find that they like tournaments where they are actually playing for something. I think it's a good strategy to get their play-money players in gear a bit and draw them over to the 'dark-side' that is the real money cash-games and tournaments.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:18 PM

Two words: Target Marketing
Old 06-08-2005, 05:24 PM

I played about 4 out of the 9 Sunday morning tourneys leading up to the 10K event (didn't play the 10K as I was out of town). Am going to try to play the Sunday once a month from here on out.

Met Judo once. You will know Judo if you see her. She is the one with the incredible arms that get lots of double takes. She has muscles that would make any poker playing dweeb jealous but yet still look great on a woman!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:50 PM

I play there every day... I don't feel less valued. Promotions to gain new customers are a way to build a customer base. As a regular, I WANT them to do these promotions and bring in new players. It only helps me out in the long run. If I want to freeroll to the WSOP, I'll use my FPP and try to win a spot that way
Old 06-08-2005, 06:03 PM

I just recently signed up at stars and couldn't get in on the WSOP newbie tourneys either. It said i had to have a long playmoney account with them. See, they discriminate against new players too.