Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Table is Too Good - limit holdem (Strategy reminder)

Just an after thought, I love people people who play for str8's and flushes as the two of you have suggested. Yeah, you may beat me out of a pot here and there but you will not hit the majority of your draws and I will be making you pay top dollar to see every last card, so please, draw away. Think about what you're saying. I can see an obvious str8 or flush on the board and lay my hand down cheap but when I know you're drawing I'll be taking the food outta your families mouth. Grow up, buy a book and you really outta know something about the person you are calling overconfident and inexperienced cause you don't know me. But I'll gladly save you a seat so you can spend the evening "drawing to your str8's and flushes" LOL moron
Old 06-07-2005, 05:41 PM

you need to settle down... take a deep breath.

Now, what happens when many people are 'drawing to a straight or flush' is that they also happen to be drawing to other hands!!! They have a flush draw with two overs, a straight draw with a pair etc... they also should be playing against a field of opponents, which means they are getting good odds on their draws.

If you think drawing hands are not worth playing then you are wrong. Are they worth playing in every situation? no. Do people over play them? yes, frequently.

Both made hands and drawing hands can be played for a profit. They both just need to have the right situations.

-k_squared
Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 PM

I think there's a book we can recommend.