Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Raise-raise-raise

A lot of people won't reraise AA-QQ out of the BB.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:26 PM

i don't think i cap the river after he caps the turn, but if it's a mistake it's a small one.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people won't reraise AA-QQ out of the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

his pfr 30, so he's raising any chance he gets.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Results

Villian had KK. When we get to the river, i figured either KK/QQ KQ or somthing silly like a bottom two pair etc(i also didnt rule out bottom set). From what i could tell he was loose-aggro so to narrow his hand down to KK QQ seems bad to me. I thought i'd check with the expects though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Harry

BTW, I'd like to add that i didnt really take too much notice of the read as its only over 20 hands, but i still stand by my above comments.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:56 PM

The river cap is a close decision but I agree with it.

[ QUOTE ]
I've played 20 odd hands with villain and he seems loose aggro 60/30

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not inconsistent with set-over-set. Some LAGs will call a premium pair heads up as a trap even though they PFR many more hands than I play. IMO KK/QQ is the primary threat.

A successful draw is possible but I refuse to worry very much. Everything happens in poker but this type of play is rare. His check-call, check- line is a strong sign that he was not playing for the fold because the hands he wants to bluff will often take the free card.

KQ or a silly two pair is possible here but your biggest hope is 66. If Hero had 66 his river play would be too aggressive because the signs would point to Villain having 77.

Really I want to know if this guy is primarily LAG only in his initial actions. Have you seen him overplay hands for multiple bets before? This is the difference between a mere big LAG and a maniac. If he just plays a lot of pots and tries to grab loose stuff then you don't stand well here. If he is routinely involved in real fights without cards then this is a very easy cap.