Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Flopped nut straight in BB. Extracting question?

Easiest push ever.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 AM

pushing now allows you to charge him even more for his set/2 pair/pair+flush draw/etc. which he will likely call given the amount of money already invested into the pot. if the turn pairs or gives 3 to the flush, what do you do if he pushes. what do you do if he checks. you end up in the unenviable position of having to make a tough decision where you might have 0% equity in the hand.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Results

I min.raised, he pushed I called.

The rivered paired the board and I wept for a sec, just to see him flip over J 8o. My hand is very good.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:33 AM

Best line is probably call and lead the turn. But he is probably committed, so I don't think you can really mess it up. If you push against me here, I may drop my hand. But I would never re-raise here without the straight, so it is a moot point.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 PM

I often get in situations where I have a set. I bet the flop, they raise, and I just call to not "scare them away". Then the turn puts the 3rd Spade out there, and we both kind of panic; the result is a very small pot and he shows down two-pair. Now I'm pretty positive I could have gotten it all in on the flop, I don't know many people who can drop top-two pair on the flop (I certainly can't). But seeing that extra card, even though it helped neither of us, stymied the action a bit. Granted, stacks are pretty shallow going into the turn if you just call. But still, better to put money in when way ahead as opposed to when behind, if he hits a flush or boat on the turn and you're putting money in anyways.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:15 PM

I can't believe anyone is advocating not pushing here.

He'll be getting close to 3:1 on the $31 he has behind, so the only way he's folding is if he's on a stone bluff, in which case he's probably done anyway. Plenty of cards that might kill the action if he has 2 pair or a low straight, and how good do you feel if you just call and he sucks out on you.

Push.