Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Adjusting to 1/2 (a hand)

I'd raise the flop, you might get a free card out of it if you wanted and you have a equity edge over the field. FD, overcard (discounted), and BSD, you have a strong hand. I like the turn play, you have made your hand and all the overcallers are probably drawing dead or close to it (although you can make a lot of single spades pay double).

As for pf, I dont like it but I think this might be oen of those "take of the training wheel" hands Ed talk about, if it isnt a habit and situational. From the CO and the fact that you essentially have two random hands (MP3 and BB) in the hand makes up for the weakness of the hand.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:26 AM

I think this enitre hand is -EV, if you are coming in with Q7 suited in middle position you are going to lose the vast majority of the time.Whether you maximized your winnings on this single hand is of no consequence, playting q7s in middle position is a losing play.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt mind the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calling two cold, aside from the fact that OESDs and two pair hands, and hell even one pair hands, will call the two cold. the only hand I truly want to fold is a set, but hey I also want a bj from natalie portman [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I will also jump on the fold preflop bandwagon

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly let the donks donk their money away
Old 05-30-2005, 02:50 AM

Anyone hate 3-betting the flop? No? Ok, 3-bet the flop.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:52 AM

If he completed from the SB would you be giving saying it as bad of play?

4.5 to 1 on a call with position (CO is LP not MP), mild high card value, and suitedness. I dont think it nearly as bad as you're are making it. In general you dont play
the hand but I think situationally, this isnt bad at all.

This is a good post to go over:
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...t=all&vc=1
Old 05-30-2005, 03:04 AM

But, he didn't complete from the SB. You can't fairly compare limping with completing, in my opinion. There's a big difference between tossing in the extra half a bet with massive odds on your side when you're already half way in the pot and consciously deciding to invest a whole SB in a garbage hand with people already in the hand.

If five loose-passives limp to you on the button, are you going to play J5s? What about if you're in the SB and five loose-passives limp to you? Big difference.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:29 AM

The odds are the odds when comparing the size of the bet to the pot.

The question is, if you were completing in the sb getting 4.5 to 1 on a completion with Q7s would that be as bad as the posters calling with position (depending on how bad the players that are in the hand play). In general you dont want to be in the hand with Q7s (as I said before) but with essentially 2 random hands in and position, suitedness, and mild high card value, I dont think this is as terrible call as some are making it out to be.

Also you appear to add additional weight to "already being in the hand", this is a mistake imho. You weigh the odds against a bet and hand strength on an individual basis, if you limped with QJo in Mp3 and it came back to you capped, would you stay in the hand?
Old 05-30-2005, 03:42 AM

Maybe with 6 or 7 people in the hand, Puck, but not just 5. It's borderline, and I think it's more in the -EV when it comes to preflop equity.

That said, a good postflop player can make up for that.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:49 AM

If this was A7s everyone would have told him to raise and isolate with all the dead money (3 SB) in the pot pf. Essentially BB and Mp3 (who posted 1.5 SB) are random, the OP gave no reads on the players (essential to making the call) but if these guys arent tight good players this is a SOLID pf call. Where it gets marginal is if one of the players is a good player.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:00 AM

I fold this pre-flop but calling is probably ok if you play well after the flop.

I think going for the overcall is fine since the pot is somewhat small.

river looks good