Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Gun Owners, who has fired at a person?

[ QUOTE ]
Any 2+2 killers other than BigSteve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Wording [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 07:40 PM

No guns and no killing but I was very paranoid as a pre-teen but had my mom convinced that I was mature enough to stay home alone for 1-3 hours at a time. It didn't take very long for that to end because I would just lock myself in the bathroom with windex (I thought it would blind them) and a knife (usually butter, but I couldn't tell the difference).
Old 05-19-2005, 07:51 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to have a gun in the house in this day and age. Hey, bigsteve, I'm guessing that the guy didn't have a gun on him and that is why it took 3 months to clear yourself ? Because if the cops got there and saw him with a gun in his hand, it would have been easier to clear yourself.

Prosecutors will convict your ass for just holding a weapon even if you have a permit. If you are walking down the sidewalk with a gun on you, even if it's concealed and you have a permit in your wallet, the cops assume you are about to rob someone or something. Try it in your own neighborhood and see how the cops react to you having a weapon on you. You'll get 100 [censored] questions.

Just like bigsteve says, if someone breaks into your home and he has a gun, just let the fucker shoot you because if you shoot him, you are gonna be in for some serious explaining. It's bullshit but it's the truth. Obviously, someone has a right to break into your house and do whatever they please.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:57 PM

big steve, i would have let him steal my car. that said, i think you didn't have a choice.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just like bigsteve says, if someone breaks into your home and he has a gun, just let the fucker shoot you because if you shoot him, you are gonna be in for some serious explaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be the worst advice I've ever seen on 2+2 and that is saying a lot.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, bigsteve, I'm guessing that the guy didn't have a gun on him and that is why it took 3 months to clear yourself ?

[/ QUOTE ] Actually you are wrong, He has a small .22, It took 3 months for several reasons...#1 I live outside the City Limits so the County is my Jursidiction....#2 The Sheriff's Office would have had to investigate it....#3 The Sheriff's Office had to remove themselves from the investigation because they were my employer...#4 An outside independent investigation had to take place...#5 There is no Crime Lab here everything had to be sent off to Jackson....#6 This is Mississippi, When a white person shoots and kills a black person it is not fixed in a week.

[ QUOTE ]
Just like bigsteve says, if someone breaks into your home and he has a gun, just let the fucker shoot you because if you shoot him, you are gonna be in for some serious explaining. It's bullshit but it's the truth. Obviously, someone has a right to break into your house and do whatever they please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not say that, I shot him twice before he even got the chance to pull the gun out of his waist ban. But there is alot that goes with shooting someone. Like let say someone breaks into your house, they steal some of your stuff and are headed out the door and you shot them. You would go to jail because if they have your back to you and are leaving they pose not threat to you. Juries and trials SUCK ASS!!!!

My Lawyer and I had to explain how I being 6'4" and over 300lbs was being threatened in my home by a guy about 5'10 and 170lbs who was trying to steal my car. Not fun looking at a jury who holds your life in their hands, and in Mississippi and everywhere really, A jury is not made up of your peers, it is made up of senior citizens and people too stupid to get out of jury duty. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just like bigsteve says, if someone breaks into your home and he has a gun, just let the fucker shoot you because if you shoot him, you are gonna be in for some serious explaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be the worst advice I've ever seen on 2+2 and that is saying a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I would much rather be killed/seriously injured than have to seriously explain something.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I own a gun so when Houes of Pain calls me a bitch and steps up, I bust it out and retain our rep, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!!! brilliant
Old 05-19-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would not have changed anything that I did. I just posted the follow up as a point to say, There is a lot more involved than the proverbial Bang Bang go on about your day like you see in the movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen brother, my car is worth way more than someones elses (or my own) life. Glad to see you know how to PROTECT yourself
Old 05-19-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would not have changed anything that I did. I just posted the follow up as a point to say, There is a lot more involved than the proverbial Bang Bang go on about your day like you see in the movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen brother, my car is worth way more than someones elses (or my own) life. Glad to see you know how to PROTECT yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you are agreeing with me or being cynical, but when he reaches for a gun, it is no longer about my car.