Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Four Players who Multitable the $30s at my table

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think so concretely. Why do you call pushes with more? Because in SOME spots you know they will push with a much wider range of hands than other players, and you can't muck your Ax like you would vs a weak tightie.

But there are so many other spots where knowing their style can help, that's just one of them. Keep your eyes open.

-Kings

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a silly post...this is not rocket science or zen buddhism, its a $30 sit n go.

i didn't understand the meaning of 'loosen your calling standards'...yes you definately should. though rather than QJs i'd say any ace or any any pair or KQ and those kinds of hands...not auto call, but think about it.

Andre
Old 05-17-2005, 11:31 PM

I'm shocked at how many bad multitabelers there are. A couple of days ago by far the worst player at two of my tables was the same person.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm shocked at how many bad multitabelers there are. A couple of days ago by far the worst player at two of my tables was the same person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Degen was at your tables? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 12:11 AM

I was at your table a couple days ago and talked some [censored]. Busted out two hands later.

I swear it was my AA vs 72o all-in preflop though.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ehhh..why didnt u leave the table if you thought u were sitting with winning players [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Party is filled with multi-tablers who aren't winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
eh....really? gee I didnt know.

[/ QUOTE ]

after I started I searched each player to see if they were playing more than one table. if they happened to play playing more than one table, I assumed they'd have a higher range of hands they'd be calling with, so I'd steal their blinds and sit accordlingly next time I played with them.

is this a reasonable assumption?

p.s. not necessarily that they are winning or losing but about their calling range.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:13 AM

I really don't think you can make any assumptions just because they play four tables. I definitely don't think you can approximate their calling ranges because they play at four tables. They could just as easily be action junkies.

I four-tabled the $25 PLO game today, never played PLO in my life. But I can't sit at just one table, that sucks ass.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
after I started I searched each player to see if they were playing more than one table. if they happened to play playing more than one table, I assumed they'd have a higher range of hands they'd be calling with, so I'd steal their blinds and sit accordlingly next time I played with them.

p.s. not necessarily that they are winning or losing but about their calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, move back down to the $22s. I mean this with the utmost respect. I mean this in the attempt to help you attain the largest amount of cash for making it to Europe. You'll have far more confidence there, and they are such a cakewalk. The $33s have many more proficient players.

I'm not saying you don't have the skills to play the $33s. I'm saying that you might want to consider a strategy that will maximize your total $$$ earned.

PS - even I play the $22s, usually 8~10AM
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 AM

Yeah its reasonable a person multi tabling is more likely than your average player to be a winning player, but rather than just assuming it should be pretty easy to get a handle on them if you are sitting at 2/3 tables with them.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, move back down to the $22s. I mean this with the utmost respect. I mean this in the attempt to help you attain the largest amount of cash for making it to Europe. You'll have far more confidence there, and they are such a cakewalk. The $33s have many more proficient players.

I'm not saying you don't have the skills to play the $33s. I'm saying that you might want to consider a strategy that will maximize your total $$$ earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree play the $22's until you can play the $55's.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba, I respect your opinion. Now, I've decided to play soley the $30s and never move down to improve my game while I'm logging tons of tournaments. If my bankroll requires, I'll move down, not very likely at tihs point. That said do you still think there is good reason to move down? I'd rather take a hit in my ROI and develop as a player than move down.

hope i'm not to word

thanks

-m