Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Four Players who Multitable the $30s at my table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254233)

Maulik 05-17-2005 08:59 PM

Four Players who Multitable the $30s at my table

I'm playing at a table w/ three other players who are playing 2 or more SNGs at the $30s.

Assuming these are winning players, and they are all acting before one after another... do I loosen my calling standards here?

Big Limpin' 05-17-2005 09:01 PM

Re: Four Players who Multitable the $30s at my table

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming these are winning players, and they are all acting before one after another... do I loosen my calling standards here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

EverettKings 05-17-2005 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing at a table w/ three other players who are playing 2 or more SNGs at the $30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, assuming that they're somewhat like you, you can probably see through a lot of their plays and pick up some pots. "Loosening your calling standards" is too vague an idea for me to know if it's right here.

-Kings

Maulik 05-17-2005 09:22 PM

Loosening calling standards when they push is what I had in mind. Perhaps I call with QJs where I normally wouldn't. But I'm not going to do that regardless.

EverettKings 05-17-2005 09:25 PM

Don't think so concretely. Why do you call pushes with more? Because in SOME spots you know they will push with a much wider range of hands than other players, and you can't muck your Ax like you would vs a weak tightie.

But there are so many other spots where knowing their style can help, that's just one of them. Keep your eyes open.

-Kings

valenzuela 05-17-2005 09:39 PM

ehhh..why didnt u leave the table if you thought u were sitting with winning players [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Blarg 05-17-2005 09:42 PM

Party is filled with multi-tablers who aren't winners.

valenzuela 05-17-2005 09:47 PM

eh....really? gee I didnt know.

GoldenHorde 05-17-2005 09:49 PM

Assuming they are winning players is a HUGE mistake, more often then not they are just losing money faster. Playing at odd hours I often end up at 2 or 3 tables with multiple people it just means more chances to get reads so use it and the HH's to your advantage.

Degen 05-17-2005 09:50 PM

no you steal all of their blinds late tourney

Andre