Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: 2/4 vs. 3/6, baffled, basic stats show anything?

[ QUOTE ]
your W$SD was incredibly low.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 2/4 one is pretty good at 58%. The 3/6 at 50% I'm hoping is just a matter of a bad run. Not sure what I can do to adjust it as I'm alreadly only at 30% for WSD.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 AM

3/6 table selection is MUCH harder than 2/4. I'm pretty confident though with PokerEdge that I'm finding loose tables.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sample Size.

That said, your blind play needs real work (both stealing and defending).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, my fold to steal and steal rates are all about 3-4 points outside of the range CallMeIshmael found for those. Great to have a reference for what is "typical", or I'd just have no clue.

They're not way off though. 24% steal vs a norm of 27%, my BB fold percent at 66% vs. a norm of 63%. Probably a leak, but not a huge one. It is one I'm starting a conscious effort to work on though.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:37 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

You must be referring to W$WSF as 37 for W$@SD would be ridicuolously low. In order to improve W$WSF, u should be stealing more blinds... 24% is kind of low at 3/6. I've been running higher than most lately, but i would shoot for a little over 30%. A lot of times, u raise, an ace flops, u bet, u win. Or if they're especially weak-tight, u raise, they call, the flop is ragged, but they miss and they fold the flop. Also, u need to know when and against whom to fire a turn barrell in these HU blind steal situations to increase your W$WSF. I only have slightly more than 10k at 3/6 now and i think my number was around 36 or 37. My ASB is >35 also.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:43 AM

Whoops, fixed my post right as you responded, but you're spot on. Someone else mentioned blind play as well, so that is a focus for me to work on.

When stealing blinds, presumably you're looking more for hands that run hot/cold? Like any ace high? Or are you pretty much just raising now on any hand you'd normally call with, plus a few hot/cold hands?

I've never found a book that talks about hand ranges to steal with or defend with. It seems like the criteria for those hands is substantially different than for a normal 4-5 to-the-flop hand.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:56 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

Unfortunately, i don't have a definite set of hands as it depends on who the blinds are and what position I'm in. Also, i think my table image, just how much Lagging it up in LP i've been doing lately plays into it. Weak aces are one thing that i've been thinking about as a blind stealing hand lately. They have good showdown value, so i don't mind doing this against passive donks b/c after i bet the flop and/ or turn, chances are my hand will be good at SD. I don't mind raising them where my PF folding equity is pretty high, but i like raising almost any two cards in these situations. I don't like raising them against TAGs (but i still do pretty often) b/c i find i have the greatest fold equity against TAGs when an ace flops, so i don't get paid off on these hands often. Plus, the potential for getting played back at when I'm dominated sucks. So, i'm more likely to steal with hands like K4s, 910s, J10o against TAGs b/c i have fold equity when that ace or another high card flops and can get paid off at times when the flop appears raggedy. Also, i can get away from these hands post-flop pretty easily when i'm played back at on a non-draw board and i flop nothing. I sometimes feel obligated to see a SD HU with ace high especially when i think he's semi-bluffing.

Sorry for all the rambling here.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:22 AM

What seems odd to me is that both the Went to showdown and Won at showdown numbers seem low. The W$WSF is also very low.

I don't know if it indicates just running bad (possibly) or some problem or what. Just seems odd to me though.

Blind play could use some work though by the looks of things.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for all the rambling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

None needed, this is great stuff. Blind play is incredibly difficult for me. Shorted handed tables make me uncomfortable as it's much harder to put people on a hand. Blind play is similar and so this is good info.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What seems odd to me is that both the Went to showdown and Won at showdown numbers seem low. The W$WSF is also very low.

I don't know if it indicates just running bad (possibly) or some problem or what. Just seems odd to me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers I posted are since 02/01/05 which is the point at which I started using SSH. However, even before the switch I've found my WTSD and W$SD are about the same over all hands I've played in the last 9 months (which is how long I've been playing). SSH just has me folding losers earlier and pushing more money into the pot with winners (at least at 2/4). Previously I tended to play too passively.

It's certainly easy enough to increase WTSD...just don't fold, but that seems like a generally -EV choice. My W$SD at 2/4 is about where many winning players seem to be so I'm not sure how to increase my WTSD without lowering the W$SD. And my W$SD at 3/6 isn't very good (you should have seen at at 5k hands, it was under 40%).

Perhaps my low WTSD and W$SF indicates that I have a pattern of folding certain types of winning hands? Not sure what to look for there though, I'll have to ponder that.

I know my aggression level on the turn and river are still too low. Upping those is hopefully +EV, but won't help much with WTSD or W$SD as hands I'm agressive with I'm generally seeing showdown with anyway.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:47 AM

It may not mean anything. It just seemed odd that both are are low. But yes I would look back and maybe post some questionable laydowns. Just a thought. Like I said though it might not mean anything at all really.