Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker

Sweet, thanks Grimel.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:48 AM

It varies widely.

Sometimes you'll log on and EVERY full ring game from 50 cents upwards will be running 28-32% seeing the flop. Other times you'll find a nice juicy table that pours money into your lap for a couple hours straight. (And, of course, if you are online in the late evening - you will find no full ring games at all.)

You really have to just log on, see if there are any tables that look good, and come back in an hour if there aren't.

As little as 2 months ago it was all rock gardens all the time at the full ring tables. The chances of finding loose tables have improved steadily.

AND - they sent me a spiffy little coupon in the mail. $35 pending bonus on my next deposit of $100 or more. Just in case $800 a month isn't enough bonus. Heh.

The software still sucks. I can't multitable it on my laptop without overheating.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:58 AM

If you're going to sign up for Absolute, why not get rakeback from frequent flopper as well? You even get rakeback as you clear the bonus! (Im not kidding).

Absolute's tables are definitely hit or miss. Sometimes there's a bunch of LAG's, and sometimes it's all rocks or even TAG's. Of course party is softer, but I wouldn't say that Absolute is tougher than PokerRoom.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:20 AM

Were these 6-Max or full ring?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:22 AM

Mostly 6 max. I'll play a full ring game if the 6 max are full, but then you HAVE to step up to keep clearing $10/hr.

I noticed this doing a PT review (have I mentioned I LOVE PT?). My pot ave's were about the same, hands/hr, rake, etc, etc. Then I sat down and played a few hours and was clearing the same bonus while winning about the same.

IF you can find a 6 max .50NL or 1NL then things are sweet (ave pots of $8 and $16 respectively). Showdowns don't happen and the hands per hour can get pretty good - 3 to the flop and take it at the flop. Even .25NL runs $4.9 ave pot. Finding 6 max tables (with seats) is the problem. Half the time I'm playing ONE NL and 2 limit tables.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 AM

Bonus clearing does NOT affect your rakeback.

The softness of the tables varies - day time == rocks. weekends == free for all. Evenings roll of the dice. Later in the night it starts losening up.

If they'd fix the crappy/slow software it could be a wonderful place to fish.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:29 AM

IMO, if you get a rakeback plan combined with keeping your bonus account stocked; at this point there is no place more consistently profitable to play on the internet.

I play 5/10 short-handed there. Just 2-tables at a time. Between bonus and rakeback alone, I average $15 an hour. This does not include any winnings.

The place is a goldmine.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, if you get a rakeback plan combined with keeping your bonus account stocked; at this point there is no place more consistently profitable to play on the internet.

I play 5/10 short-handed there. Just 2-tables at a time. Between bonus and rakeback alone, I average $15 an hour. This does not include any winnings.

The place is a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion do you think its better than having a rakeback at Eurobet since you are playing at a party skin? I have never played at Absolute and I am planning on getting rakerack after I finish off my Pokernow bonus. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The place is a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion do you think its better than having a rakeback at Eurobet since you are playing at a party skin? I have never played at Absolute and I am planning on getting rakerack after I finish off my Pokernow bonus. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both.

Actually I have RB @ Absolute, Eurobet, and UB. I play between 15,000-20,000 hands a month. About 75% of them at those three sites. If I see a good game at another site I join in.

But my default sysem is Full Ring games at Eurobet and UB. Shorthanded at AB.

The reason I only play shorthanded at AB, is because the software does not bog down as much if I am only running 2-tables. Shortahnded btw 4-6 players, I can get in 150-180 hands an hour. Compared to 3-tables of their nine handed full games I can only get in 120-150 an hour.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:39 AM

i'm sorry, but hogua why the [censored] would you just tell another tag to come on over and play the tables that youre playing? don't you realize how many good players will probably come on over there now having seen what you posted?

i can't speak about absolute 1/2 6max since i don't play there but over the past month at party 1/2 short a bunch of new tag multitablers have come out of the woodwork and i'm sure it has everything to do with idiots here talking about how soft the games are. why do this?? are you [censored] retarded?? do you enjoy making less $$ per hour and playing in tougher games? jesus!