Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Table selection help

Free love on the free love freeway
The love is free and the freeway's long
I got some hot love on the hot love highway
I ain't going home cause my baby's gone
Old 05-03-2005, 02:49 AM

Okay, I suppose this isn't hijacking the thread since seat selection is along the same lines as table selection.

I think one can place an awful lot of needless emphasis on the stats PT gives you. With the exception of the truly bad players, you simply don't have enough hands on your opponents to tell whether that guy on your right is a TAG, LAG, or sFAG.

Do people play poker anymore? It seems like it has become a game of statistics and I do not mean that in terms of the cards. Sit you butt down in an open seat. Play your best poker. If you determine that you're the sucker, bummer. Get up and find another table.

If you find that every table you get on that you're the sucker with the exception of the tables you "scout", then guess what? You're still a sucker playing with worse suckers. I advocate better poker playing and on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I rank right around 1.5 or 2. I make money because most players know less than that.

What you do is your business and I hope you profit from it, but I use PT for my own statistical analysis and not to try to determine how the guy next to me plays. I'll figure that out soon enough just sitting next to him.

Onaflag.............
Old 05-03-2005, 03:16 AM

Look at this topic

(especially my reply [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])