Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: My stats are embarassing

FWIW, start by looking at how you play overcards. I would speculate that making an adjustment or two in that department would push you back towards the green.

When you raise preflop do you 'hate' to relinquish the lead and let someone else have the initiative? Are you consistently raising overcards when someone bets into you on the flop? Post a few hands of this nature and I think you'll get some insight that'll balance out your postflop aggression.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're way too aggressive on the flop, and way too aggressive on the turn. you might be spewing chips here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt this. i think he's just folding too much, which increases the aggression factors.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 PM

Call more. Much more.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:43 PM

Why are there 7 seats in your positional stats?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Anyone care to give me more optimal stats

I have been playing 5/10 6 max for 10 days now, but I have 31K hands in PT already and my stats are not all that different from drudmans, other than my win rate being on the plus side(but not that much on the plus side).

I'm curious what you think ideal numbers would be.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Anyone care to give me more optimal stats

From m point of view his Wtsd is to low, and his fold to a river bet really high. Nearly half the time you are folding to a bet on the river? That can't be right- especially with his flop and turn aggression numbers the pot should be a decent size most of the time.

My Wtsd over 60K hands of 5-10 is around 39, Which is high for this baord... but generally most winning players are in the 34-40 range from what i can tell.

His preflop stats look fine- "optimal" for most players is 23-25 vpip with pfr 15-17. The best post flop players seem to wratchet up their vpip to 26+ and pfr to 18+.

By the way david- i honestly will get to that block of hands you sent me- finals end next week and then- summer of goerge!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Anyone care to give me more optimal stats

He needs to c/r way more. He's way too predictable. He's betting when he has something and check/folding when he doesn't. He should be able to c/r a lot more after check/folding as much as he does. VPIP looks good to me though.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:37 AM

Your AF factors are way too high, so you're probably not calling down enough.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:04 AM

yeah, his wtsd bears that out too.
What do you think of his 48% fold to a river bet? What is your like jeff?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 PM

I thank everyone for their constructive responses thus far.

Can anyone tell me what my next move should be? I hear very loudly that I should call more on the river, it seems to make good sense to me. But I'm not sure how I would go about making that adjustment in a constructive way. I feel like if I just start haphazardly calling, I could actually be hurting myself.

My instinct is that it's my flop and turn play that set up a lot of these river folds. For instance, before I even was really sure I wasn't beating the game, I tried to identify what might be potential leaks. I find that after I PFR, I tend to bet the flop in position, and if I don't hit, on most boards I check behind on the turn. This opens the door for the opponent to lead the river, and I fold behind. Does this indicate that on some boards, should I just call the river with ace high somewhat often? Because I can tell that folding all the time is a huge mistake, because an observant opponent can start leading any river and taking a lot of pots away.

Another leak I think is raising or threebetting the flop after a PFR with overcards. I hate raising PF, and then getting lead into or checkraised on the flop. I don't want to give up right there, or weakly call the bet or raise, only to check/fold most turns, so usually I try to keep the lead by raising. My rationale for this is that I sometimes get a fold right there on the flop, or on the turn if the opponent was semi-bluffing; also, it gives me free-card opportunity on the turn. Now that I think about it even more, my problem might not be when I do this with position, but when I try to keep the lead OOP. A lot of the time, I lead the turn after raising or threebetting the flop with overcards because I can't just check/fold, and because I often have value or good folding equity on that bet. But then if the opponent just calls, I've dug myself a deep hole with ace high... now I have to either lead the river and pray for a fold, or check/fold the river, neither of which seem like a particularly appealing line.