Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: interesting hand

pushing is by far the worst option, a steaming player is not folding a hand better than yours, its marginal i dont know i guess i fold and wait for a better spot
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Default results

MP thought for a long time, showed EP 5d9d and folded. EP proceeded to go on full blown monkey tilt, asking MP how the [censored] he could [censored] fold a [censored] flush, etc. he showed Kd4d.

--turnipmonster
Old 04-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Default thoughts

overbets are kind of a weird thing, they don't happen very often and especially in B&M poker it's hard to get an idea of when someone will make an overbet like that unless you really play a lot of hours with that person.

like with any other bet I think with a showdownable but not stellar hand the first question you should ask is does his bet want a call or a fold? at the time MP's bet struck me as a bet that wanted a call, but I could be results oriented/biased because I was there. the guy is stuck, steaming, and finally hits a big hand and it's halfway likely his opponent has hit as well.

topout brought up raising which is interesting, I wondered if anyone was going to recommend raising as a bluff if they decided their flush was no good. in general I think it is too read dependent to consider against an unknown.

--turnipmonster
Old 04-27-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: thoughts

I thought A unlikely but possible and I'm assuming I am likely to get him off Q or J, although everyone can have a different option on that one. The % of the time he has K, I'm getting stacked.
Yep, yep, reads are always huge. Barring your read, what's your play, turnip?

topout
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 PM

barring a read I would bitch and moan and mostly fold, sometimes call.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:01 PM

pushing as a bluff will only work if you have a perfect table image against this villian, def not the time to make a move on this pot, if you have the queen high flush here this hand gets muchhh trickier
Old 04-27-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: interesting hand

[ QUOTE ]

You hold onto a Q or J high flush when someone goes all in for an additional $1,500 when your opponent knows you have a flush? There's $1,050 in the pot.

topout

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I do not. However, if a maniac/person on tilt had a Q or J flush, I think they would make the call.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:22 PM

I'd recommend folding 95s preflop from middle position but that's me in the situation described. I guess I play too tight.