Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Could David Blaine Take Over the World?

Please do not start anymore threads. That is all.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:47 PM

you actually believe a person can be buried alive and go without food for that long? its no wonder blaine has fans: there are still suckers born everyday. sorry, no offense intended, but if a guy can levitate, why does he have to turn around and not face you while he does it? why doesnt the camera show a wide-angle shot? one person replied on television that he must be spiritually-gifted. those so gifted would not be interested in entertaining a crowd, but going further with their development. granted, he does have mad-skills at the sleight-of-hand...but one should question everything. now, if we are talking about the masters of the East, who can "teleport" or appear in two places at once, or who manifest pulpa out of thin air, or who can acheive levitation of body, or shamans who shape-shift, really it concerns perception and energy, and changing or controlling it. that said, mr. blaine could very well take over the world of the gullible...
Old 04-25-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please dont take my posts so seriously. thanks.
many of his stunts are just illusions, like the levitation, but still it is hella cool. i dont buy the whole 44 days without food thing, and even the 3 days without food is very possible but not an impossible feet, a lot of the [censored] he does is just crazy and entertaining.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you actually believe a person can be buried alive and go without food for that long?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is humanly possible to do what he did. He isnt the first person to do stuff like that. None of that crap was using magic.

[ QUOTE ]
no offense intended, but if a guy can levitate, why does he have to turn around and not face you while he does it? why doesnt the camera show a wide-angle shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He cant really levitate obviously, thats why its called a magic trick.

[ QUOTE ]
now, if we are talking about the masters of the East, who can "teleport" or appear in two places at once, or who manifest pulpa out of thin air, or who can acheive levitation of body, or shamans who shape-shift, really it concerns perception and energy, and changing or controlling it.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm, if you actually believe that [censored], then you are the gullible one. If you are addressing my shoalin comment, thats not the kind of stuff I was refering to. I was refering to the monk who stopped his own heart. The monk that sat there and meditated while he was covered in gasoline and then lit on fire and never screamed out or even moved....that kinda stuff, The control over ones body and mind. The kind of thing that allows you to lay in a confined space for 7 days, or to sit in a cage for over a month.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:08 PM

oh, 3 days without food is nothing. i mis-read the post. i thought the claim was for 44 days. yes, i was addressing your previous post. i believe that the human potential has yet to be tapped, in body and in mind. that there are accounts of such feats do not necessarily prove them true, but that human perception can be molded and shaped, so that the unreal seems real. to believe that a man, a man afterall, could walk on water, or revive the dead, or perform any such feats---many would say "Yes! it is possible." Faith dictates what possibilities exist. Whether in fact such things are real or not is another question.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:12 PM

he's an illusionist, but don't let me ruin it for you. illusion is always better than dispair.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:35 AM

I didn't take it seriously. That doesn't mean it wasn't gay.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

many of his stunts are just illusions, like the levitation, but still it is hella cool. i dont buy the whole 44 days without food thing, and even the 3 days without food is very possible but not an impossible feet, a lot of the [censored] he does is just crazy and entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 AM

DON'T QUESTION JAKETHEBAKE! JUST LISTEN AND OBEY DAMNIT!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife is in medical school. Earlier this year she learned that the average human being can go thirty (30) days without food without causing any permanent damage. I imagine 44 wouldn't be that big a stretch if you had prepared yourself ahead of time and possibly took some pills or whatever to supplement the most vital nutrients.

Swede
Old 04-26-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Scratch off tickets have bar codes that you can scan to tell if you won/what you won without scratching them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm - no. If that was the case, the world would be full of very rich 7-11 clerks.