Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: AK vs an apparent LAG, need a line.

[ QUOTE ]
Wiseguy, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisenheimer is my first name. King Wisenheimer Otter... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
It's the only read I had, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand... just meaning I wouldn't assume a LAG for that reason alone. More than a couple times I hit a table and get 4-5 good hands in a row, and on that 4th or 5th raise I'm thinking 'Please let me hit' because I know I'm going to be challenged by just about anything.

[ QUOTE ]
I did call down. Do you call down advocates bet the river if checked to? I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I mix this up... sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I think with only a few hands on this guy I may just let it check through just to see what he has/had and why he played it the way he played it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if there was no 4th club, do you raise the turn or the river, or not at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd raise the turn, but if he came back at me again on the river I'd just call.

KO
Old 04-20-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys that want to raise this flop and call down further aggression by the villain are playing it wrong, IMO.

You're ahead more often than not on this flop but a club will change things dramatically. Wait to raise a safe card (or cards) on one of the big streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

And let him draw cheap? No thanks, I'm getting my money in the pot when I have an advantage. And with that many clubs on the board the chances that he has one go down. Even if you say to me that you called and he had the club, I'd still do it the same way with the read that you gave.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And let him draw cheap? No thanks, I'm getting my money in the pot when I have an advantage. And with that many clubs on the board the chances that he has one go down. Even if you say to me that you called and he had the club, I'd still do it the same way with the read that you gave.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. How do you know he's drawing? How do you know he doesn't have AJ or TT or somesuch?

2. Let's say villain really is on a draw. Isn't raising the turn more +EV than raising the flop? (Note that you probably only get to do one or the other, not both). If you think villain is drawing, which I personally doubt, you obviously have a far higher pot equity edge on the turn than you do on the flop, and your raise is twice as large.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 04-20-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. How do you know he's drawing? How do you know he doesn't have AJ or TT or somesuch?

2. Let's say villain really is on a draw. Isn't raising the turn more +EV than raising the flop? (Note that you probably only get to do one or the other, not both). If you think villain is drawing, which I personally doubt, you obviously have a far higher pot equity edge on the turn than you do on the flop, and your raise is twice as large.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you if the hand was multi-way. You pass up a small advantage on the flop to take advantage of a bigger edge on the turn. But this is HU. That's a completely different story. So I take every edge that I can as soon as it comes.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:37 PM

How does he play after the flop?

If he sucks, call the turn and the river.

However, you should have raised the flop to define your opponent's holding and/or get some cash.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 PM

I like to smooth call this flop to make the guy think his KK or AQ is good. I'll punish him on the turn when he is further tied to the pot and my raise is bigger.

I like to raise the turn because I think that big pairs will often check the river when they haven't been able to make you go away, but they'll still call down your turn raise.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to smooth call this flop to make the guy think his KK or AQ is good. I'll punish him on the turn when he is further tied to the pot and my raise is bigger.

I like to raise the turn because I think that big pairs will often check the river when they haven't been able to make you go away, but they'll still call down your turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff here. I like this play.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:54 PM

I think just the opposite of you. If this was multiway, I'd raise the flop to get all the other callers to pad the pot for me and/or fold them. If is HU, I think you can afford forego an edge on the cheap street and wreck him on the expensive street.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think just the opposite of you. If this was multiway, I'd raise the flop to get all the other callers to pad the pot for me and/or fold them. If is HU, I think you can afford forego an edge on the cheap street and wreck him on the expensive street.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are one smart Wookie.