Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: KK with issues pre-flop

i call in this situation too, but i lose sleep over it later that night.

excellent points, by the way, etgryphon.

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] monte
Old 04-19-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: KK with issues pre-flop

its possible to get the AA to fold, however once a good player has brought down the hammer that hard, hes probably going to commit to the flop. hes got about 1/6 os his money in preflop, and as long as the flop isnt K or Q high, i dont think hes folding AA.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Results and comments

Thanks all for posting.

Well I kinda folded.

Actually I wasn't so convinced that UTG+1 had to have AA to make that move. I felt calling wasn't going to be very helpful because if an ace doesn't flop, how will I have any idea where I am on in the hand. He is almost guaranteed going to bet into me on the flop and now I will have a tougher and more expensive decision.

So I decided to raise. I made it 240 to go. Fish folds. UTG+1 goes all-in. I quickly muck.

Next time I will likely just fold without the additional raise unless the stacks are large enough for a call. If he is limp re-raising with less than AA, then he may well be successfull in stealing.

Since this hand was played I have had big heat put on my KK 2 other times pre-flop. Both times the opponents had smallish stacks. 1st time he raised, I reraised and he went allin for another 70. I quickly called and caught a King to kill his AA. The other time, I raised and was reraised. He only had another 120 so I pushed all-in. That time the opponent only had JJ and I won a decent pot.

Ken