Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: MLB Wednesday what you think ?

I would take all dogs on the moneyline today.Favorites have come through on the start of most games this year and generally its the dogs that upset at the beginning of each season .So they are definately due.-Bet every dog and even if you get 50% your making money with the juice.I will be today.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cabrera will dominate

[/ QUOTE ]

The way he dominated them last August getting knocked out after 2.2 innings and giving up 5 er?

I'm guessing you are an O's fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cabrera has much improved over the winter. Try reading some scouting reports. Scouts said he and AJ Burnett were the most impressive pitchers in Spring Training.
From the Baltimore Sun:

A scout who tracked 14 teams this spring said the two best pitchers he observed were Cabrera and Florida's A.J. Burnett.

"What I saw from Cabrera blew me away," he said. "He was throwing 94 to 96 [mph] with good sink, and he does it so easily. He's totally effortless. He throws on a downward plain. He has great tilt."

The scout noted how Cabrera's changeup and curveball, below average last year, are beginning to show more promise. When he got behind in the count last year, he didn't have a second pitch to rely upon. He had to keep pumping fastballs, and hitters eventually catch up.

"He's starting to work ahead in the count more, too," the scout said. "And he has so much confidence. He had a presence on the mound. He's really matured.

"His stuff is electric. He has a good feel for pitching. I see improvements, and that shows aptitude, the ability to make adjustments, which you need to do.

"Anybody would die to have him. He's very special. The Orioles would never trade him. If they did, they would be crazy."
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try reading some scouting reports

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer actual performance. I know he's a good one with lots of promise. Doesn't mean he dominates a team that lit him up last season. Or does? Once he dominates them once rather than gets dominated maybe I'll take a taste.

Ever read the scouting reports on Chavez, Durazo, Kendall etc etc etc. Some of these guys actually have years of actual performance at the major league level!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:34 PM

We'll see later tonight.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:51 PM

You could be right. I just don't think it's worth betting on since he got rocked by the A's last time. I see no edge. I think there are much better opportunities.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the O's are pretty much gauranteed to win tomorrow. Cabrerra is pitching for them and the A's got some guy I never heard of pitching. If the A's can't score off of Lopez, they don't have much of a shot off of Cabrerra. He's the real #1 of the O's this point in the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 PM

Damn I feel like a total idiot right now. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I'm still in shock. I came home from work and saw the score and almost threw up. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I never even once thought Cabrera would do so bad. I did have a bad feeling about Saarloos though. Even though I thought we would get him, I know the O's in the past have struggled very badly against rookie pitchers for some odd reason. I just feel so dumb right now. If anyone hasn't already, just ignore everything I ever say ever again. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 11:58 PM

He isn't a rookie pitcher.

craig
Old 04-07-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He isn't a rookie pitcher.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Only by technicality. He has 164 career innings pitched. Not exactly a veteran.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 AM

Dogs 11 to favs 4.I hope some of you cashed in.Keep betting underdogs till about the 3rd start for each pitcher.Ive done this the past 2 seasons and have profited each one.This season has not disappointed either so far.