Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: $80M Game?!?

Paul Phillips said it better than I in a journal entry from last year:

http://extempore.livejournal.com/56177.html

There is a good reply in the thread from Russell Rosenblum as well as this link to a reply from our own D. Sklansky.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:48 PM

Agreed and agreed. What I find intriguing, and what I apparently didn't emphasize sufficiently in my post, is that Beal has accepted THEIR "terms". I have to believe that these will not be favorable to Beal's efforts.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:21 PM

I disagree that he doesn't stand a chance. However I do think it will hard for him to win due to factors I haven't seen anyone mention yet. Stamina, both physical and mental. One person againist a whole group even if all are equally skilled the group is going to have the advantage even if it is one at a time. Say Beal plays Lederer for 8-10 hous. Then next day faces Chan for same then Harman.. Then D. Brunson then T. Brunson the next. Even with shorter sessions and longer breaks the grind will get to Beal first and the Corporation will be able to stay somewhat fresh.
Also all the different styles Beal will have to cope with, because each one plays differently so be hard for him to get his on tempo going when the other style keeps changing.Finally he will have be exposed to several top pros. Perhaps Lederer picks up on something and passes the info on to Chan who can exploit it the next session or Harman sees something that plays to a strength of Todd Brunson. etc all they will have the collective knowledge of all those pros to map out a perfect game plan and adept as it goes on ot compare notes.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:53 PM

What exactly is the "Corporation"? I assume it's a group of the top limit HE players, but is there a specific list?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:48 PM

I noticed that you used the term "Crew" to describe Doyle's Group of merry men. Given how Dutch and his boys have adopted that name, I would think Doyle would be insulted. Just kidding of course.

3 Beers
Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 PM

i'm getting more and more amused by the posts people join up on the board to say. this is what you've brought to the table? welcome.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 PM

Doyle Brunson, Howard Lederer, Todd Brunson, Chip Reese, Johnny Chan, Jennifer Harman, Chau Giang, Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey, Barry Greenstein + 6 others....
Old 03-28-2005, 10:44 PM

Actually, I joined to simply amuse you. Given your post it seems that I accomplished my goal. Seriously, I know Jax (play against him regularly) and know that the term "Crew" to him is like finger nails on a chalk board, so my comment was dripping with sarcasam.

3 Beers
Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 PM

This sounds exciting. Is Daniel Negreanu also a member of the Corporation?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:11 AM

Don't think Daniel is in it but maybe he should be.....