Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Limping along in live 4/8 game

I almost never cap hoping for a free card, it's just not likely to happen, especially on a board this likely to have hit someone, unless the 3-bettor is a prone to FPS and might c/r you on the turn.

-d
Old 03-15-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the value very close with only 2 callers? (Also, consider the times that it's 3-bet to the middle player and he folds -- or one of them has 2-pair/set and redraws against your flush.)

-d

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes the value is slim, and so I think this play is close. I like throwing as many chips into the pot as I can, because action is fun. You're more likely to get bet into on the turn if you hit if you don't cap too, so if you don't it can't be that wrong. (And if you do it can't be that right.)
Old 03-15-2005, 05:18 PM

easy raise, for value and a possible free card...
Old 03-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Default RESULTS

Well, I raised here and the two villains looked like they'd been tasered when I did. Obviously, they did not put me on a draw judging from their reactions. They called. The turn was the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I didn't put either of these guys on a set since I didn't get three-bet. (Sorry to state the obvious). I fired, they dropped, I scooped.
Thanks for all your input. I posted this simple hand to see if anyone thought I might be better off just calling the flop in this situation and trying to extract another bet from them if I made my hand. But on second reflection these guys were the type likely to slow down once the flush card hit the board and so I guess it played out as best it could have.