Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: River bet ?

Raise PF and bet the river.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:16 PM

first of all.. six handed, I would have raised out of SB. and you should have bet the river for value. he probably has a weaker ten or middle or bottom pair 9 out 10 times he is going to pay you off when you bet the river. checking is just a little weak.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:22 PM

But do I really have an equity edge pre-flop?

The way Clarkmeister explained it to me is, if you look around the table, and see how unhappy everyone is after you raised, you have to be convinced that what you did was good for you.

Think about how you feel, after you limp, and the SOB in the small blind makes it two bets. Even if you only break even on the play, it helps you get control over the table.

QT, and JT suited are definately at the south end of the spectrum that you want to be doing this with, although at a couple of weak loose tables, I have done it with K9, J9, and T8 suited. But expanding the range, just makes you a little bit more scary, and you aren't doing this with bad hands, just hands where your edge is a lot thinner than you are used to.

One other way to look at it, is how hard a decision would it be for you to play, if you were in the BB with these hands, and someone else raised. You would be in the pot in an instant. If you can tolerate a raise with these hands that well, why not put it in yourself?