Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: The Koreans are coming?

This is the reason why I don't think On-Line Poker has anywhere near peaked yet. At the moment OLP is predominantly available (or at least targeted) at around 400 million people - The US, Canada, The UK, Scandanavia and Oceania. The rest of Western Europe has hardly been touched as yet and once the Asian Market gets going I think a second boom will be on. I think the next few years will be very interesting - now if we could only get the Chinese to open their Internet market as well [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 05:06 PM

Well, I honestly dont think the Koreans need 2+2. It would help, but I can not imagine Koreans not dominating online poker when it becomes avaliable to them.

Of course there will be some fish here and there, but Koreans are obsessed with gaming. They log 80 hours a week playing a RTS game like Starcraft for measely money. You're popular for playing an online game your entire life. Now replace that with poker, more fun and "real" money. I consider myself pretty disciplined and patient playing poker, but I spent years when I was younger trying to dominate Starcraft, but it was just too hard. It took the upmost discipline, everything had to be perfect. It's alot harder than knowing when to fold, raise, or check.

Granted, videogames and poker are different, but they have some of the same characteristics. Discipline and patience for one.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I honestly dont think the Koreans need 2+2. It would help, but I can not imagine Koreans not dominating online poker when it becomes avaliable to them.

Of course there will be some fish here and there, but Koreans are obsessed with gaming. They log 80 hours a week playing a RTS game like Starcraft for measely money. You're popular for playing an online game your entire life. Now replace that with poker, more fun and "real" money. I consider myself pretty disciplined and patient playing poker, but I spent years when I was younger trying to dominate Starcraft, but it was just too hard. It took the upmost discipline, everything had to be perfect. It's alot harder than knowing when to fold, raise, or check.

Granted, videogames and poker are different, but they have some of the same characteristics. Discipline and patience for one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless, I think any expansion and the influx of players will be +ev [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Edit: Sup LR buddy