Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Sklanksy AK hand, let\'s discuss...

It was a poor laydown..and if Doyle heads-up hadn't decided to fall asleep with his hand on the all-in button (if the editing is to be believed)..David's fold would look even worse.

Sklansky is the hometown fav here. But suppose Hellmuth had made the same laydown, you folks would be on him like piranhas...

Frank
Old 02-24-2005, 11:55 PM

I thought about this hand for a while too and realized that, at the least, the payout structure of the tournament should dictate a call/raise (I still think reraising is good) there. Since it's a winner take all, shouldn't you be more willing to gamble and pounce on edges to accumulate chips?
Old 02-25-2005, 12:12 AM

I didn't have a 2-1 chip lead. I didn't think he would make the play with AQ offsuit. Moving in might be a tad better than folding if I was sure he could have jacks or AQsuited. But I wasn't. And if lost that hand I'd miss my opportunity to play some pots with Mike Caro or Phil Hellmuth, both of whom I had never played no limit with, and who would surely be under the wrong impression about how I would play. Still I would have probably moved in if I had known that the first one out would become the commentator. I already stated that some of my close plays were influenced by business decisions.

As for the comment that any of you would have played the head up hands the same as me, there were some hands not shown. I actually started the head up match with about 190K. The shown hands were pretty automatic but some of you might not have moved in with the A5 or made a small raise with the AQs. You tell me.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still I would have probably moved in if I had known that the first one out would become the commentator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dammit. We were all cheated. Imagine how 1337 it would be having Sklansky, Caro, Brunson, Hellmuth or even Cloutier commentating. Immediately would become the best WPT show ever, and not even close.
[ QUOTE ]
I already stated that some of my close plays were influenced by business decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which ones?
Old 02-25-2005, 12:43 AM

Face time
Old 02-25-2005, 12:43 AM

is there a torrent out for this episode, i missed it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 02-25-2005, 12:52 AM

The episode should be replayed on the Travel channel at like 5 or 6 p.m. on Sat.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:55 AM

is that EST PST or what.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:55 AM

Also the show showed a lot of hands where you limped in on the button. Mainly with suited connectors but also with KJ and K9s,there was another limper in that hand, what was the stragety behind the limps. Also it seemed like you got raised out each time did you plan on doing in with a big hand later. Congrats!!
Old 02-25-2005, 02:16 AM

If I understand you right, one of your primary considerations was "business decisions," i.e. what could sell you the most books and get you the most publicity. And apparently on close calls that was your priority over playing the best poker. Correct? So as a reader of yours I really shouldn't bother to watch that episode, since you are admitedly not playing your best and therefore not practicing what you preach. I don't think that's necessarily wrong and I might have done the same thing in your shoes, but is this basically correct?