Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: What is the right way to handle these situations?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. I'm surprised by the responses to this post. In particular, I'm suprised so many would suggest folding Q6o from the SB in an unraised pot with (effectively 3 limpers). I call everytime in this situation because I have an excellent chance of picking up the pot on a Q high flop (yes I would lead out even with a 6 kicker)

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you do if you get called? Do you feel confident that you are ahead?
[ QUOTE ]
I have a chance of picking up the pot even if I don't flop anything

[/ QUOTE ]
That's true with any two cards.
[ QUOTE ]
and I could always flop two pair or trips.

[/ QUOTE ]
You flopped two pair in this hand. How is that working out for you? And how confident would you feel if you bet and get called on a QQx flop? So basically it looks like you are completing looking for a 66x flop. Hmm... doesn't really seem like a money making proposition.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that it's six max doesn't really enter into my thinking here- postflop, at least. there is only one way for him to win and a lot of ways to lose. he's even behind Top pair +flush draw. but i'm still working on my 6max game. what, in your opinion, makes it so different in this situation

[/ QUOTE ]

If you lay down two pair on this spot you are playing weakly. Justlook at the board. A Q 6.

You're not afraid of AA or QQ. AQ is possible if they're the passive type and not going to raise it, but very unlukely. A6 and 66 are slightly bothersome. But you have a 6, so only 2 left.

Anyways, the minraise looks to me like top pair as you say, and the cold call seems like a draw. Like... I advocate calling as opposed to pushing not because Im afraid of other peoples' hands, but rather, I want to maxmize my money vs top pair which will bet the turn due to draws, allowing stack sizes for me to comfortably get it in...

Anyways -
[ QUOTE ]
y thought then would be 'what could the second villan call a pot bet and a raise with that doesn't have bottom two beat- other than AK?'

[/ QUOTE ]

any ace. any hearts. possibly broadways. i wouldn't put it past for some to have midpair (although unlikely) and yes, AQ / 66 / monsters are possible.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

should go without saying [ QUOTE ]

2. Bottom 2 is not a great hand. What is he pushing here that you can beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

who's pushing??
Old 02-18-2005, 12:15 AM

Actually I'm just looking for a Q high flop when I play Q6 from the SB. A lot of times in 6max, top pair with a bad kicker is good enough to be the best. If I bet and get called I'm not even sure I am behind, but I would want to check it down. A lot of times I get called by second pair or worse. And if I don't flop anything - its only a buck.

Passion
Old 02-18-2005, 12:55 AM

Is Q6o a winner for you from the SB?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any ace. any hearts. possibly broadways. i wouldn't put it past for some to have midpair (although unlikely) and yes, AQ / 66 / monsters are possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, my biggest concerns would be a SF draw and A6. i wouldn't really worry about AQ or 66 at all. I'm just saying that bottom two is a great way to get broke, and a semibluff is just to powerful to call, IMO. i suppose i could be thinking too weak/tight, but the way i look it, i'm going to win eventually anyway, and i'm patient enough to wait for a better spot to push.

TPTK is the only hand he can really beat here. a push says 'i got TPTK beat, call if/only if you can beat bottom two or better. like i said, against only one opponent, it's an easy push/ reraise, etc, but against a raise and a call... i'd be thinking real hard...

perhaps i give the opponents at that level too much credit.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

perhaps i give the opponents at that level too much credit

[/ QUOTE ]

yah

~

plus you mentioned the fact tat you didn't think shorthanded had too much importance; it further solidifies the idea they are in there with less-than-stellar holdings, making two pair slightly better.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:43 AM

Strangly enough (and in absence of the posted hand), it is a smaller winner (net +2) the other 35 times I've had it. Now I think being postive out of the small blind is better than it looks because I would be out 35 if I never played. Q6s is a little better for me (net +3.6), but I've only had it 13 times.

Passion
Old 02-18-2005, 10:52 AM

Instead of playing Q6o out of the small blind, play 72o but pretend it is Q6o. So if there is a Qxx flop, play as if you have TPWK. I bet it is +EV.