Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Finding 5% VP$IP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All you 10/20 vets just keep too much close to the chest . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably isn't the most popular thing to say, but I believe it to be slightly -EV to post very good advice on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Party 10/20 SH is a case of too many sharks in the water. I figured as much. I hoped that given I put in my dues giving advice at 5/10, maybe I'd get some good advice for 10/20, but c'est la vie.

Let me ask you one question, though -- when you're playing a lot of hands from late position, especially the button, do you find yourself coldcalling more than what would typically be recommended, or, rather, 3-betting with what are typically not 3-betting hands (suited connectors, etc.)?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never going to get back to the lovely -0.02 (or so) BB/hand that I had at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're not. I think longterm -0.10 BB/100 is about the best one can do in this game.

. . .

Position is imo generally undervalued on these boards by the vast majority of the posters. People don't appreciate the automatic profit that comes with initiative versus weak and bad players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that position may more important against aggressive players than passive ones.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM

I give good advice all of the time-- you just don't listen to it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I give good advice all of the time-- you just don't listen to it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm starting to understand why you harp about position all the time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It's definitely more important in the aggressive 10/20 games that you're a vet at and I'm still getting used to. I may -- MAY -- start folding those weak kings in the SB if this keeps up . . .

But you have to admit that you're on the tighter side of even the 10/20 folks. My stats on you (well, at least one of your names, it's pretty obvious!) have you at VP$IP of about 18% and you're not even TAG -- your postflop overall aggression is short of 1.5. Still, you seem to win a lot of money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Question for you, rory, if you don't mind my asking -- what is your BB/hand in the BB and (especially) SB?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Party 10/20 SH is a case of too many sharks in the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really is a matter of perspective.. I don't think I've come across more than 7-8 players in this game that I would consider to be 'good'.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me ask you one question, though -- when you're playing a lot of hands from late position, especially the button, do you find yourself coldcalling more than what would typically be recommended, or, rather, 3-betting with what are typically not 3-betting hands (suited connectors, etc.)?

[/ QUOTE ]

My coldcall % in CO and Button are 0.29% and 0.54%, I don't know if that is considered high or low so interpret at will.
I don't 3-bet suited connectors alot. Where the raise comes from is essential as to how you should proceed with the hand, but this is basics and everyone knows it. I'm confident alot of people get it wrong none the less. EG, AJo on button facing a CO openraise is an easy 3-bet considering the range of hands a typical CO-raise represents. If UTG had been the raiser, the scenario changes.

./me hugs Schneider
Old 02-17-2005, 04:36 PM

My coldcall %s are about the same, and I agree completely re AJo . . .

I'm playing it the same -- so where's my extra 3BB/100???!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 04:42 PM

As you know, postflop is where the money is..
Old 02-17-2005, 04:50 PM

.07 BB
.11 SB
Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As you know, postflop is where the money is..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ayup. Just gotta learn the new rules for 10/20 I suppose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I really should stop bitching . . . it's only been two weeks at 10/20! Shees.

I'll figure it out. Um. At least I hope so [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.07 BB
.11 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Um . . . you forgot to add the minus signs. And you're losing less in the BB than in the SB? Or is it

-0.11BB
-0.07SB
? In which case, pretty damn good.

Or maybe these are accurate, in which case you're making around 9BB/100 with a VP$IP of 18%. In which case, I remain skeptical! Or will track you down in Cambridge and get some tutoring . . .
Old 02-17-2005, 04:58 PM

Yes there are minus signs in front of those.

I think I am too loose in the SB when it is folded to me because I think I play better than I actually do.