Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Simple bubble hand

I'd fold.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:12 AM

I don't think it's possible to lose enough future $EV here by pushing to explain a nonexistent ROI.

I will PM you with my more detailed shiznit.

Yugoslav
Old 02-13-2005, 01:38 PM

Wow, it seems I have my thinking wrong here I would have thought this was a great blind stealing opportunity.

Big stack to your right, if he starts raising your steal opportunities will suffer. He has folded here dont miss the opportunity.
You dont want to be pushing UTG into the big stack next hand
If either call and lose they are out, meaning they are only calling with a very narrow range of hands esp. SB
If you do get called at least you probably have two live cards
You push they fold you have 1700 chips giving a bit of daylight in second place, and more time for the two shorter stacks to make a mistake to get desperate.

You guys have been playing a lot longer than me though, so I would appreciate knowing where my thinking is flawed.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:51 PM

I agree that this is a good blind stealing opportunity. Big stack, to your right has folded. You cover both middle stacks to your right. They have ample FE to fold their garbage hands...

I think we could debate here that next round is the better fold. I am just trying to stir some thought. When do I provide opportunity for others to make mistakes? IMO, on the bubble, calling standards tend to fall. I'll see calls with AJ for example, or 99.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:56 PM

In an SNG where people fold, easy push.

In one where they don't (<$20), easy fold.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:38 PM

I think this is a read dependent decision. Q9os is a better than average hand and is a marginal favorite 3 handed. If you get called however you are most certainly in a coinflip situation or you are crushed. If play has tightened up, as it typically does on the bubble, and you do not have a maniac image this is an okay push IMO. Your goal here is to not be called and if you do get called you have an OK hand and could suck out.

Basically what I am saying is this.

IF the blinds are tight this is an okay push, folding wouldn't be that bad but you are going to have to make a move soon no matter what. The other players are just willing to eek into the money by waiting until one guy gets blinded out or doubles up nnd then they have to take their turn.

IF the play is loose or one of the players is bad and is prone to make mistakes, ie pushing against the big stack's BB with marginal holdings, then this is a terrible push.

Thats my opinion anyways.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a read dependent decision. Q9os is a better than average hand and is a marginal favorite 3 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you here. Usually i would push here, but if i have been very aggresive lately(as i use to be 4 handed) i might fold this one.